Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Playing FLAC over USB

If you've tried playing FLAC files on a USB stick, have you experienced:

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a very detailed (and long) thread called 'Comprehensive USB Bug List' that goes through everything and seems to apply to all models.

I have 5000+ FLACs on a 256GB USB stick and they play perfectly all the time. There are issues with re-scanning and when you first start out (not being seen for a few minutes), but once they start they play well (some are 24/192 and they play great as well)

Reactions: arcus and X Fan
I've had no problem with USB playing songs in my limited time int he car. I do find it extremely frustrating that upon exiting/re-entering the car that it switches to Bluetooth instead of USB. For that reason, I haven't used USB all that much, refinding/starting where I was every time is annoying.

Reactions: mswlogo
I've had no problem with USB playing songs in my limited time int he car. I do find it extremely frustrating that upon exiting/re-entering the car that it switches to Bluetooth instead of USB. For that reason, I haven't used USB all that much, refinding/starting where I was every time is annoying.
Are you talking about playing FLAC, or just music in general? I’m asking specifically about FLaC files

FLACs still work fine in v9. Almost all of the USB audio system is the same, except they added shuffle. All the old problems are still there. They promised a big fix sometime soon after v9 came out, but I tend to be skeptical about these kinds of promises.