TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Playing FLAC over USB

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by flashflooder, Jul 2, 2018.

?

If you've tried playing FLAC files on a USB stick, have you experienced:

1. Random Stopping / Restarting of songs

20.0%
  2. Random Skipping

10.0%
  3. Complete Failure (stops and will not resume)

40.0%
  4. Nothing but smooth, blissful playback!

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. flashflooder

flashflooder Member

I have lots of problems playing FLAC from a USB stick, so decided to do a poll to see if I'm just doing something wrong (bad stick/ formatting, etc). Please only answer if you've played FLAC enough to have a good feel for this.

2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

"Loading error..." is my most popular song.

• Funny x 2
  3. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Grouchy

@Rockster Don't feel like this is a Model 3 specific issue - "Loading Error" is quite popular in Model S too.

4. jpoet

jpoet Member

Does Tesla have a "bug reporting system"? Is there any way to know how much of a priority they put on an issue like this, or do you basically have to 'tweat' Elon?

5. RichardL

RichardL Member

There is a very detailed (and long) thread called 'Comprehensive USB Bug List' that goes through everything and seems to apply to all models.

I have 5000+ FLACs on a 256GB USB stick and they play perfectly all the time. There are issues with re-scanning and when you first start out (not being seen for a few minutes), but once they start they play well (some are 24/192 and they play great as well)

6. Aellinsar

Aellinsar Member

I've had no problem with USB playing songs in my limited time int he car. I do find it extremely frustrating that upon exiting/re-entering the car that it switches to Bluetooth instead of USB. For that reason, I haven't used USB all that much, refinding/starting where I was every time is annoying.

7. flashflooder

flashflooder Member

Are you talking about playing FLAC, or just music in general? I’m asking specifically about FLaC files

8. Aellinsar

Aellinsar Member

Either. Most of the music on my USB stick is FLAC, but there are a few mp3 files.

• Like x 1