Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Playing in the snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a second big snow storm this winter, here in Missouri. Took Lithie out to play in the snow and she did great. Handled snow covered hills great and only minor fish tailing in deep snow. My husband was truly impressed with how well she did.

Did have a bit of snow build up in the wheel wells and was really worried about going over some of the built up snow. Would love to be able to drive in High at faster speeds, especially in town.

Anyways. Brought her home covered in snow and plugged her into charge.
2013-03-24_11-42-22_871.jpg

Agree on your point about being able to drive with the suspension on "Hi" in the deep snow, that build up in the wheel wells happens fast, you can year the tires rubbing on it as you drive. My snow experience last week was similar, watch yourself with the accelerator to avoid fishtailing, but otherwise it does well.
2013-03-21 20.17.44.jpg
2013-03-21 20.17.37.jpg

The windshield wiper issue also applies with snow. Had a whole bunch of it dropped on the inside of the door when the wipers did their famous "swipe while you get in" trick. Had a lot of fun trying to get the snow out of the area around the window controls. Eventually it all melted and pooled below the controls, doesn't appear to have caused any problems.

Tesla definitely needs to implement a "snow mode" that allows:
[*]High suspension setting up to 29 mph
Definitely. I wanted this in February.

- - - Updated - - -

The windshield wiper issue also applies with snow. Had a whole bunch of it dropped on the inside of the door when the wipers did their famous "swipe while you get in" trick.

I turned off auto wipers, since they don't work. That deals with that problem.

Cleaning ice off the windshield wiper cavity is a PITA, though, due to the way it's constructed. It seems like you basically have to turn on the defroster and wait for it to melt.

The windshield wiper issue also applies with snow. Had a whole bunch of it dropped on the inside of the door when the wipers did their famous "swipe while you get in" trick. Had a lot of fun trying to get the snow out of the area around the window controls. Eventually it all melted and pooled below the controls, doesn't appear to have caused any problems.

Filled my car, drowned my window buttons, soaked my leg, and then I laughed my arse off thinking about how pathetic I must have looked to the guy in the 1985 Volvo Sedan next to me. They gotta fix the wiper so it delays until the door is closed!