Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Playing music from iPhone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
from what I read in the formus, the Model X won't read my iPhone music from the USB cable, but only through bluetooth.
I'm okay with it as long as i can scroll through my songs through the steering wheel buttons or the main console.
Can anyone confirm?
or do i have to use my iPhone screen to navigate through my songs?

If you've already chosen a playlist via the iPhone, you can use the wheel buttons or console work your way through the list, but you cannot browse it, or change playlists.

I really hope that by the time the Model 3 is launched, Tesla has improved iPhone integration.

Tesla's music integration via iPhone is a joke, Most cars since 2009 let you browse via the car's display.
I read several discussions on the net and the best is to transfer songs to flash drive - here the challenge is that every time you change you playlist you need to copy the songs all over again.

I am thinking of cancelling my Modle S order and loose $2500!! I dont want an obsolete car that cannot play music in ways most cars can and also cannot warn of things in you blindspot.

• Love
Reactions: Blastphemy
Tesla's music integration via iPhone is a joke, Most cars since 2009 let you browse via the car's display.
I read several discussions on the net and the best is to transfer songs to flash drive - here the challenge is that every time you change you playlist you need to copy the songs all over again.

I am thinking of cancelling my Modle S order and loose $2500!! I dont want an obsolete car that cannot play music in ways most cars can and also cannot warn of things in you blindspot.
are you buying a car or an entertainment system? when one of my sons brought me along to the test drive of his first new car purchase he had the radio blasting, I asked him if he was buying a vehicle or a sound system, he immediately understood the logic.
IMHO, while having a nice sound system is important it shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list of needs when making a decision on the worthiness of a car

are you buying a car or an entertainment system? when one of my sons brought me along to the test drive of his first new car purchase he had the radio blasting, I asked him if he was buying a vehicle or a sound system, he immediately understood the logic.
IMHO, while having a nice sound system is important it shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list of needs when making a decision on the worthiness of a car
I agree with this 98.9%. 1.1% of me wished that my '11 Volvo XC60 had the iPhone integration that my '11BMW 335 is had. I'm not to worried about Tesla entertainment. Was going to skip the upgrade until I learned it was required for Sirius. If I recall, latest configurator bundles Sirius/XM in premium pkg. I just want tunes when I'm out of cell/FM range.
So I won't be surprised if iPhone integration isn't best in class. I'll be happy to be fossil free.