Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

playing songs from voice control in v10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my model 3 a few days before I got the version 10 upgrade. when I first got the car I could push the voice button and say "play song title" and it would start playing that song. (I assume from slacker) Now with the v10 software if I tell it to play a song title it doesn't start playing, it pulls up the music search screen from spotify and the song is usually there along with others and I have to select it and then play it. Is this a change in v10 or am I doing something wrong????

I picked up my model 3 a few days before I got the version 10 upgrade. when I first got the car I could push the voice button and say "play song title" and it would start playing that song. (I assume from slacker) Now with the v10 software if I tell it to play a song title it doesn't start playing, it pulls up the music search screen from spotify and the song is usually there along with others and I have to select it and then play it. Is this a change in v10 or am I doing something wrong????
Yes I have the same ANNOYING "feature" in V10. I really liked how I could say "play while my guitar gently weeps by the Beatles" and the song would play. Now we get the search menu and have to press a few keys to get to the song, not very safe at 60 mph. And definitely a step backward in my book.

I don’t think it’s version specific. It had occurred with prior versions. On some bad days, it refuses to play. it’s a backend issue.

While I can’t speak to specifically requested songs (far as I know, built in slacker will just do that once the play similar songs), the issue of search screen coming up for any audio related (“play...”) voice commands is definitely a v10 problem. It’s unsafe and I’ve reported it with each decimal iteration.

Finally fixed the voice command for radio/TuneIn channels with 2019.40.2.1!

Here’s hoping they expand the voice commands to include streaming favorites and HD sub-channels along with HVAC and other distractors on the screen.

If you have an iphone (I'm not sure if it works with android). You can just add "on spotify" to the end of your command and it'll play the song or band on spotify. So you can say. "play nirvana on spotify".

Actually, I'll double check it tonight but I'm pretty sure it's something like that.

Anyone got a voice command working to play a spotify playlist? I just want to queue up my spotify playlist by voice. So buggy overall. Any list I have with podcasts that are updated daily don't work well either. Every track is grayed out and must be clicked manually to be played.