Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Playing Songs on Model 3 .?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have a spotify account but thinking of cancelling it after seeing a video on youtube that you can actually voice command the model 3 to play a certain songs for you but I'm not sure that you need subscription or it only plays what you have on your phone ? Any information will be appreciated

I believe I've read other posts and seen vids about certain songs being able to be played by voice command. I've tried it and it's kinda hit or miss with Slacker Radio - it tends to look for a streaming radio channel by the name of the song you're trying to play. Don't see an option to use Spotify within the native system and haven't tried using Spotify with my phone connected, though.

You can use Spotify with your phone over BlueTooth.

The in car streaming service is Slacker Radio. The Tesla subscription is equivalent to their Plus subscription. Upgrading to the Premium package gets you the ability to play music offline (on your phone, not on your Tesla) and the ability to play music On Demand. So, with a Premium account you get to listen to the song you request. With the account that comes with your car you may get the song you request, else you may get a different song by the same artist or a playlist seeded by the song you requested. The Premium is also your account, so you get to keep it as well as all your favourited songs and created playlists when you give up the car. You can also play them on your other devices capable of streaming music from Slacker.

The in car streaming service is Slacker Radio. The Tesla subscription is equivalent to their Plus subscription. Upgrading to the Premium package gets you the ability to play music offline (on your phone, not on your Tesla) and the ability to play music On Demand. So, with a Premium account you get to listen to the song you request. With the account that comes with your car you may get the song you request, else you may get a different song by the same artist or a playlist seeded by the song you requested. The Premium is also your account, so you get to keep it as well as all your favourited songs and created playlists when you give up the car. You can also play them on your other devices capable of streaming music from Slacker.
Is the account name as password your tesla account and password?

Do you know if we get a discount given we've already got a Tesla subscription? Or do we need to create a new account and pay them the $10/month? I'm kind of annoyed Tesla packaged what appears to really be a bit of a crap service. Either give us something proper, or allow us to choose what we want & run it on the onboard system.

Do you know if we get a discount given we've already got a Tesla subscription? Or do we need to create a new account and pay them the $10/month? I'm kind of annoyed Tesla packaged what appears to really be a bit of a crap service. Either give us something proper, or allow us to choose what we want & run it on the onboard system.

Sorry for that comments. Between US cellular provider, Slaker, and Tesla , there must be a deal, so Tesla could be cost effective LTE streaming music for free to their customers. In Canada, Tesla costs are even more that I believe as they are doing roaming data.

If Tesla opens option for streaming music from another music streaming provider, that may mean we also need to pay our own data service from the car. I do believe that price tag is not that we can absorb.

Btw, I forget Tesla is using AT&T or T-Mobile for their cellular data service?

I do have a spotify account but thinking of cancelling it after seeing a video on youtube that you can actually voice command the model 3 to play a certain songs for you but I'm not sure that you need subscription or it only plays what you have on your phone ? Any information will be appreciated
For me it has been like magic. I ask for a song and 90% of the time it starts to play even pretty obscure songs. No extra fees or accounts it just works which has been nice. And as someone said no AM radio.

Reactions: hingisfan