Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Playing with the S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

marco2228

... fixing Roadsters
Supporting Member
There seems to be an easy way to change the car configuration. Haven't had the courage to test any of these buttons yet.

IMG_7291.JPG

I bet it is Model 3 config.

45kWh battery would be about right to give the lighter Model 3 a range of 200 miles.

You've been right. Found the menu again, it popped up after an update.

Didn't have my cell phone with me this time.
Selected "E75D", then there popped up another prompt "Welcome to Model 3 demo mode", where you can select "Standart" or "P3rformance".

I selected P3rformance of course. Another popup came up that said due to my car being an 85D it will limit the max power after some time.

Now the screen turned blue for some (10 s or so) time and the car in the screen changed to a Model 3 :O

Wonder what how the performance E75D goes on >P85D cars

Reactions: DÆrik
You've been right. Found the menu again, it popped up after an update.

Didn't have my cell phone with me this time.
Selected "E75D", then there popped up another prompt "Welcome to Model 3 demo mode", where you can select "Standart" or "P3rformance".

I selected P3rformance of course. Another popup came up that said due to my car being an 85D it will limit the max power after some time.

Now the screen turned blue for some (10 s or so) time and the car in the screen changed to a Model 3 :O

Wonder what how the performance E75D goes on >P85D cars
What exactly did you do to prompt these messages/screens?

This has been an April fool hoax:)

I made up the menu above. Then thought it's mean and waited until April 1st;)

If the cars diagnostic port is unlocked, one can call an address inside the touchscreen (cid) and request a pup up dialog like this.
With root access one could read the answer from
the user and program the cid to perform actions based on the answer from the pop up.
Nice way to interact with the car, but in this case selecting an answer didn't do anything.

This has been an April fool hoax:)

I made up the menu above. Then thought it's mean and waited until April 1st;)

If the cars diagnostic port is unlocked, one can call an address inside the touchscreen (cid) and request a pup up dialog like this.
With root access one could read the answer from
the user and program the cid to perform actions based on the answer from the pop up.
Nice way to interact with the car, but in this case selecting an answer didn't do anything.
Thanks for telling me :)