Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PLCRLY_a074 error with CCS chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having a not of a problem. I bought usea model X that I should drive from Norway to Finland about 1500km. Because car was with company it apparently can not be transferred to my name directly. In order to get added to my Tesla account it has to be registered in Finland (now it has temporary plates) and for that it has to go thru inspection. So no superchargers at least not automatically. Car was supposed to have CCS adapter activated but it did not. So I went and bought it at local Tesla service point. None of the CCS chargers that I have tried have worked and I have got error mentioned in the header at the notifications. It just says charging equipment communication error. That code is not in the manual. Does anyone have any idea how to debug it and possible get rid of it. My fear is that charging controllers at the car are somehow busted (AC charging works though), it would be nice to rule out that cause, but how? An other possibility that I speculate is that since car is not tied to any account fast charging would be disabled but that sounds a bit stupid.

It is shaping up to be a looooong drive.