Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plea to Tesla on 3rd Turkish Tesla Gathering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just had our 3rd annual Tesla meetup. Attendance was great despite being only one city.
  • We have 200+ Teslas in the country.
  • Model S 75D entry price even with self import is same as BMW 530i
  • Model S P100D costs half of a BMW M6
  • Most expensive gas relative to purchasing power. Very cheap electricity. (0,08€ per kWh incl. tax)
  • Exempt from bi-annual motored vehicle tax.
Yet we have no support what so ever. We are even denied ranger support we are willing to pay for. A 12V battery failure can keep you stranded for 2 months. (has, to one owner)

Whereas Tesla invests in markets like Dubai, South Korea(only 48 cars sold despite supercharger coverage, service, store etc.), Jordan where they see little to no results. I think Turkey is an amazing market to boost up S-X sales while Model 3 ramps up. Would require less effort than trying to convert Model 3 res. holders to keep S-X production busy.

I do hope Tesla will come to your country in a more supportive way, I am sure they want to do it, it is just a matter of limited resource and time till it happens. I do commend you guys for going all that length to be the vanguard in your country with the first Teslas there.