Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Please chime in if you are getting tint and/or a wrap

I've averaged about 4k miles/yr over the last 4 years. Mine is also always garaged. I plan on keeping my car a while. On Monday I'm dropping it off for full ppf on front (bumper, hood, lights, fenders, mirrors and pillars) and ceramic on the whole car. I'm in South Florida and thought the $2,000 cost was reasonable.

Tinted 2021 MY with SunTek 70% ceramic on windshield, carbon 35% on two front side windows for $390 total in the San Diego area. Rear side and back windows were dark enough. No PPF though. Also tinted all 8 windows on wife's 2018 M3 including windshield, 6 side windows and rear roof/trunk section for $900.

Getting a black MYP in a few weeks. I have received several PPF quotes and it looks like it's around $2,600 for a "drivers package," which covers the whole front clip, mirrors, lights, rocker panels up to the crease, and the entire rear bumper. I think that's a pretty reasonable price. What I think makes no sense is paying $5-6K for full PPF when you can have the whole damn car repainted for much less.

I always tint my front windows to match the rear (usually around 18%).

Getting a black MYP in a few weeks. I have received several PPF quotes and it looks like it's around $2,600 for a "drivers package," which covers the whole front clip, mirrors, lights, rocker panels up to the crease, and the entire rear bumper. I think that's a pretty reasonable price. What I think makes no sense is paying $5-6K for full PPF when you can have the whole damn car repainted for much less.

I always tint my front windows to match the rear (usually around 18%).
Agree...I'm planning to do the same.

I've averaged about 4k miles/yr over the last 4 years. Mine is also always garaged. I plan on keeping my car a while. On Monday I'm dropping it off for full ppf on front (bumper, hood, lights, fenders, mirrors and pillars) and ceramic on the whole car. I'm in South Florida and thought the $2,000 cost was reasonable.
Can I ask where you are getting it done? I’m in S. Fl and looking. Thanks!

Could you post a side pic of your car and provide some info on what type of tint you used and %? TIA
My car is in the shop for PPF so I can't take a current photo or have access to the invoice. According to the shop owner, they probably used 18% Carbon in the front and 70% Carbon in the rear.

Attachments

• MyTesla.jpeg
    MyTesla.jpeg
    785.2 KB · Views: 36
Don’t think PPF is worth it… watch this guys vidz. Worth every penny to keep original paint in tact.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC