Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please chime in if you are getting tint and/or a wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've averaged about 4k miles/yr over the last 4 years. Mine is also always garaged. I plan on keeping my car a while. On Monday I'm dropping it off for full ppf on front (bumper, hood, lights, fenders, mirrors and pillars) and ceramic on the whole car. I'm in South Florida and thought the $2,000 cost was reasonable.

Tinted 2021 MY with SunTek 70% ceramic on windshield, carbon 35% on two front side windows for $390 total in the San Diego area. Rear side and back windows were dark enough. No PPF though. Also tinted all 8 windows on wife's 2018 M3 including windshield, 6 side windows and rear roof/trunk section for $900.

Getting a black MYP in a few weeks. I have received several PPF quotes and it looks like it's around $2,600 for a "drivers package," which covers the whole front clip, mirrors, lights, rocker panels up to the crease, and the entire rear bumper. I think that's a pretty reasonable price. What I think makes no sense is paying $5-6K for full PPF when you can have the whole damn car repainted for much less.

I always tint my front windows to match the rear (usually around 18%).

Getting a black MYP in a few weeks. I have received several PPF quotes and it looks like it's around $2,600 for a "drivers package," which covers the whole front clip, mirrors, lights, rocker panels up to the crease, and the entire rear bumper. I think that's a pretty reasonable price. What I think makes no sense is paying $5-6K for full PPF when you can have the whole damn car repainted for much less.

I always tint my front windows to match the rear (usually around 18%).
Agree...I'm planning to do the same.

I've averaged about 4k miles/yr over the last 4 years. Mine is also always garaged. I plan on keeping my car a while. On Monday I'm dropping it off for full ppf on front (bumper, hood, lights, fenders, mirrors and pillars) and ceramic on the whole car. I'm in South Florida and thought the $2,000 cost was reasonable.
Can I ask where you are getting it done? I’m in S. Fl and looking. Thanks!

Planning on Xpel XR Plus on the windshield and XR on the 4 windows + tailgate. IMO it is the best combo of heat rejection and price. Probably going to forgo the PPF since it is pretty pricy and I am not going to care after the first scratch/ding.

Could you post a side pic of your car and provide some info on what type of tint you used and %? TIA
My car is in the shop for PPF so I can't take a current photo or have access to the invoice. According to the shop owner, they probably used 18% Carbon in the front and 70% Carbon in the rear.

Attachments

• MyTesla.jpeg
    MyTesla.jpeg
    785.2 KB · Views: 79
Don’t think PPF is worth it… watch this guys vidz. Worth every penny to keep original paint in tact.