Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please convert your ICE motorbikes to Electric motorbikes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was stopped at a red traffic light in Rome today with my side window down. As usually at traffic light I switch off the engine of my ICE car (unluckily I still don't have an electric car I hope to get it soon) not only to save gas but also because I don't see the point to keep polluting the air while being stopped.
Then a motorbike stopped close to me. Believe me I couldn't breathe because of the smoke coming out from the motorbike! I have been forced to close the window and action the AC.

So I thought: "Please convert your ICE motorbikes to Electric motorbikes"

Done!

electric.bike.jpg

electric.bike.electric.car.jpg

400 amp controller, 36 volt electric forklift motor (run at 72 volts max), six 12v batteries (same size as MS uses).
--

I was stopped at a red traffic light in Rome today with my side window down. As usually at traffic light I switch off the engine of my ICE car (unluckily I still don't have an electric car I hope to get it soon) not only to save gas but also because I don't see the point to keep polluting the air while being stopped.
ICE's are (well, at least used to be) made to run continuously. It's hardest by far on the engine to start them up than keep them running. It used to be massively more inefficient to restart them than let them idle as well. I'm assuming that's true still.

ICE's are (well, at least used to be) made to run continuously. It's hardest by far on the engine to start them up than keep them running. It used to be massively more inefficient to restart them than let them idle as well. I'm assuming that's true still.
Both are untrue. With any car with fuel injection it is more efficient to turn the car off then idle for >10 seconds. Your comments are true of cars that are too inefficient to be produced today though.

This is a very short distance bike. With deep cycle 35ah batteries it might be good for 10 miles max. Next step is to replace the garden tractor batteries, one of which is bad, with the new deep cycle wheelchair batteries.
--