Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please do not post referral links (Australia\NZ Forum)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

meloccom

Moderator Aus/NZ
Feb 11, 2008
Sydney Australia
Hi all,

The site administrators are busy at the moment trying to prevent this forum from being a tool for people to advertise their Tesla Referral links.
See the Site Feedback section for the Forum rules and Advertising rules.
As anyone with a Tesla Referral link can gain benefit from advertising it posting it on this forum breaches the rules.
I have been busy at work recently so I haven't had much time to follow this so I am asking for your cooperation.
From now on I will be deleting any posted Tesla Referral links without notice and sending the post a polite reminder. :smile:

I'm resticking this thread as a member started a new thread about the latest referral program and included a picture of their referral link.
Although there is less at stake in this program I am still not going to allow referral links to be posted.

It was my post that got deleted. I posted it as a MY TESLA screen shot purely to highlight to people there was a new program. The thought of advertising my referral link never entered my mind. I do get the policy and the reason for it though, so am not offended. Moderators have a tough job, and his message to me acknowledged it was not intentional.

The program seems totally useless for us anyway, as it requires order and delivery prior to mid April. The current estimated delivery for new Australian orders is late May.

Last edited:
Hi all
The new Tesla referral program has been launched and the TMC policy remains the same.
If you are a someone wanting to purchase a Tesla feel free to start a conversation with the member of your choice and ask them for their referral link, I'm sure most would be happy to oblige.

Just a bump to say the Tesla referral program has reopened. You can see the details in the loot box in the Tesla app.

And to make new people aware of the Forum rules - no spamming your own code.

Compared to the prior program it's a little less generous, but more flexible (you earn points and can trade for supercharging credits or other merch rewards).

Previous (for 3/Y).
Referrer and recipient received 1500km supercharger credit.

Now (for 3/Y)
Referrer gets 2000 points (750km credit and a t-shirt). Receiver gets 1500 points (750km credit)

More generous for S/X, and if you buy another car yourself you can collect both sides of the points.

The code (or link) needs to be followed at time of order, so probably no good for those in the waiting room.

Just a bump to say the Tesla referral program has reopened. You can see the details in the loot box in the Tesla app.

And to make new people aware of the Forum rules - no spamming your own code.

Compared to the prior program it's a little less generous, but more flexible (you earn points and can trade for supercharging credits or other merch rewards).

Previous (for 3/Y).
Referrer and recipient received 1500km supercharger credit.

Now (for 3/Y)
Referrer gets 2000 points (750km credit and a t-shirt). Receiver gets 1500 points (750km credit)

More generous for S/X, and if you buy another car yourself you can collect both sides of the points.

The code (or link) needs to be followed at time of order, so probably no good for those in the waiting room.
Is it known whether an existing customer can refer themselves when buying stuff? I did this when I bought my Model 3 back in 2019 since I had already been a Tesla Powerwall customer for a couple of years at the time.