TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Please do not post Tesla referral links (Australia\NZ Forum)

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by meloccom, Aug 4, 2015.

1. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Hi all,

The site administrators are busy at the moment trying to prevent this forum from being a tool for people to advertise their Tesla Referral links.
    See the Site Feedback section for the Forum rules and Advertising rules.
    As anyone with a Tesla Referral link can gain benefit from advertising it posting it on this forum breaches the rules.
    I have been busy at work recently so I haven't had much time to follow this so I am asking for your cooperation.
    From now on I will be deleting any posted Tesla Referral links without notice and sending the post a polite reminder. :smile:

2. meloccom

I'm resticking this thread as a member started a new thread about the latest referral program and included a picture of their referral link.
    Although there is less at stake in this program I am still not going to allow referral links to be posted.

3. alpal

alpal Member

I wondered what had happened to my reply and comments to that link - just love censureship and its tenacious effects...

4. ColinA

ColinA Member

#4 ColinA, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    It was my post that got deleted. I posted it as a MY TESLA screen shot purely to highlight to people there was a new program. The thought of advertising my referral link never entered my mind. I do get the policy and the reason for it though, so am not offended. Moderators have a tough job, and his message to me acknowledged it was not intentional.

The program seems totally useless for us anyway, as it requires order and delivery prior to mid April. The current estimated delivery for new Australian orders is late May.

5. meloccom

Hi all
    The new Tesla referral program has been launched and the TMC policy remains the same.
    If you are a someone wanting to purchase a Tesla feel free to start a conversation with the member of your choice and ask them for their referral link, I'm sure most would be happy to oblige.

6. Techno-phile

Techno-phile Member

7. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Member

Is it alright to ask for a referral link to be PM'ed to me? I am keen to buy a Tesla and $1400 off would be the cherry on the cake. Cheers.

8. meloccom

Exchanging referral links by starting a conversation is fine.
    I'm sure any Australian owner would be happy to help.