Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please Enter Access Code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is called "Right to Repair" and there is both state and federal legislation floating about to force manufacturers to document their product and allow owners/service personnel access to this information. Hopefully other states will follow Mass' lead and bring about these changes. I've seen FAR MORE information in MB Star Diagnostics and making these tools available to the world simply makes MB a better company.

...... and for those of you that think that provisions for things like adaptive cruse control, park distance control and the like are some super secret competitive advantage I've got to call bull. All this stuff exists and any manufacturer worth its salt (and I think we all agree Tesla is) would make allowances for all this technology and more.

Ill just throw my opinion out there, its not like we are leaking source code to the diagnostics software. That being said George asked for images to be taken down, because of this I think it would be the right thing to do. Great looking diagnostics though, really impressed.

Last edited:
I think that when the original request was made, things were a lot less stable. Model S deliveries were just beginning, nerves were raw, people were not so understanding. Now with some history behind us, the forum doesn't seem to erupt quite so easily with wild rumors.

I'm neutral on whether to pull or post. I don't think it matters all that much anymore. New features have been rolling out on a regular basis, we don't see the posts saying 'if they don't do [this], it's a deal breaker'.

We're almost drama-free. What's up with that??

I'm neutral on whether to pull or post. I don't think it matters all that much anymore. New features have been rolling out on a regular basis, we don't see the posts saying 'if they don't do [this], it's a deal breaker'.

No, the deal-breakers are still here, just in different words because the people who figured they were deal-breakers apparently worked their way around them.

Now, that said, the mods not pulling that information is a deal-breaker.

:)

Have you seen the investor discussions.. nothing but drama ;)

As an investor I'll take that kind of drama right now :wink:

But back to the matter at hand. Why not just ask GB? I'm excited about the possibility of the options coming. And with everything being equal, at the moment, TM is knocking it out of the park so if this hits the press it should just be more 'good news'.

Also, if I wasn't in favor of this I might not have a kick a$$ Windows Phone app that beats the pants off of the Android app! Tesla Connect rocks! Tesla Connect | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It is called "Right to Repair" and there is both state and federal legislation floating about to force manufacturers to document their product and allow owners/service personnel access to this information. Hopefully other states will follow Mass' lead and bring about these changes. I've seen FAR MORE information in MB Star Diagnostics and making these tools available to the world simply makes MB a better company.
At the risk of straying OT, the MA Right to Repair law won't affect Tesla. The law requires that an OEM provide (at a reasonable price) the same level of information and access to diagnostic gear that it provides its franchised dealers. Tesla has no franchised dealers, of course. I have a longer post on the particulars over HERE.

What's funny about that video is that he starts the video as if he is going to enter the password and show it to us live, then he transitions to the static images that were originally posted in this very thread. What a shame.

What's funny about that video is that he starts the video as if he is going to enter the password and show it to us live, then he transitions to the static images that were originally posted in this very thread. What a shame.

Which means they guy didn't actually discover anything. He probably just lifted it from us.

The post with the images was in moderation while we considered member requests to have them removed. Seeing how the images are now more widely public, the issue is moot, and the post is out of moderation.