Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please Help - 2014 MS Battery Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think that is true. As I don't think the middle port of the part number, he "-00-" or "-01-" has anything to do with if it is a reman or not. (That position seems to normally be related to versions of the part for other regions.) The label clearly calls out that it is a reman pack.

However, I think the "R1" on the end of her serial number indicates that it has been remanufactured once.
Good info, thx.

Also, the way I read OP's replacement pack label is that it's originally a May 2015 pack that has been remanufactured once - T15E and R1.
That said, one cannot tell from Tesla's label when the reman was done. Could be anytime from 2015 to present.

Given this uncertainty as to when the Tesla reman was done and @wk057 not even putting on a label (Reman pack labels in the wild), I'm wondering about the
older Tesla out of warranty resell market (either dealer or private party).

A savvy buyer might want to know about any replacement pack. A seller will advertise a reman pack to assure that the pack is newer then the original. Currently one can tell with Tesla, not the year of reman but that's it's a reman. However with someone like 057, one would have to contact them for info if there is no type of replacement label.

Now a private party will probably have "paperwork" while a dealer may or may not.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Appreciate everyone's help.
Oddly, I approved this invoice on Friday. Tesla, said it would take 2 weeks to get the battery and repair the car. I had the car towed to the SC on Sunday. On Monday (the next day) they said the car was ready and I owed more money.
As if I couldn’t hear anymore bizarre stories than I’ve already heard coming from Tesla service. I keep hearing people reference Ohio. Where did you have your car serviced? If you had a 85 battery in your car and they gave you a 70 that is complete fraud.

Reactions: Killerlily
As if I couldn’t hear anymore bizarre stories than I’ve already heard coming from Tesla service. I keep hearing people reference Ohio. Where did you have your car serviced? If you had a 85 battery in your car and they gave you a 70 that is complete fraud.
Toledo Ohio Service Center
The original battery did not have a sticker on it. it hHad been removed or fell off. But, I purchased the car CPO from Tesla as an 85.
I reached out to tesla thru the app. It's been 24 hrs and no reply.

The original battery did not have a sticker on it. it hHad been removed or fell off. But, I purchased the car CPO from Tesla as an 85.
I’m just gonna warn the people in charge at Tesla now, if you keep treating customers like this you will be out of business very quickly

I just spoke to a Field Officer from my state's (California) Bureau Of Automotive Repair and he was extremely helpful. He told me I can file complaints that are not an actual violation of any law ex. "Service Writer refused to give me the name of his manager or refused to let me see his manager..." and they will gladly go out and investigate it. He was extremely patient and helpful. He let me ask him any question I could think of. I implore you to go talk to yours.

Even the "It's been 24 hrs and no reply." is enough of a complaint to make a Field Officer pay the shop a visit.

Last edited:
I’m just gonna warn the people in charge at Tesla now, if you keep treating customers like this you will be out of business very quickly

It would be great if we all filed a complaint with our state's Automotive Repair board. They will investigate every complaint no matter how big or small.

Even though it is a Tesla shop, not all Tesla shops are ran that way. Goto a different shop that is ran better. That's what my Field Officer told me.

Reactions: tesluv108
Were the old S70's 400VDC or 350VDC packs?

The label posted by @tjv85 says 350VDC, the first I've seen.

I'm thinking the installed pack has S100 cells in it and even though it comes with 70kWh capacity, range-wise it is close to the range of the old pack, hence Tesla's reasoning for installing it.

Nevertheless, this is not right by any means since it downgrades the car somewhat.

@tjv85 - What does your instrument cluster now show your car as? P85 or S70?

Last edited:

I'm thinking the installed pack has S100 cells in it and even though it comes with 70kWh capacity, range-wise it is close to the range of the old pack, hence Tesla's reasoning for installing it.

Nevertheless, this is not right by any means since it downgrades the car somewhat.

It’s showing P70 😂😂😂😂🤢🤢🤢🤢

It says P85. Does the cluster switch automatically to sync to the battery or is a software update needed?

• Helpful
Reactions: Droschke
How does someone reach out to Tesla? The only way I know is thru the app. I schedule a service appointment and explain the wrong battery was installed. The app runs a diagnostic, says the battery is fine that range varies depending on many factors and cancels my appointment. It then ask if this resolves my concern which I say no. Then nothing. Ugh!

Attachments

• IMG_5911.png
    IMG_5911.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5912.png
    IMG_5912.png
    300.8 KB · Views: 45
@tjv85 - Based on what you have provided here:

Your final invoice says you paid for:
HV BATTERY, 85KWH, 1.0 PACK, REMANUFACTURED, MDLS (1088815-01-D)

You physically inspect the battery and this is what's installed:
HV BATTERY, 70, BB, REMAN, MDLS, 70kWh, 350VDC, TESLA PART NUMBER 1088999-00-B

Two different packs. You have a solid case. Can't be more clear than this.

Good luck and keep us posted.

In your case, if possible, you should go to your service center and talk to a manager.

I bet the execs that oversee the service centers are working overtime and frantically to completely eliminate any human employees from the front of the stores so they can finally close this pesky loophole that owners take advantage of to get around their "service customer cyber firewall" that is the Tesla app. 🤣

I bet the execs that oversee the service centers are working overtime and frantically to completely eliminate any human employees from the front of the stores so they can finally close this pesky loophole that owners take advantage of to get around their "service customer cyber firewall" that is the Tesla app. 🤣

The app is not the only issue. Going to the SC in hope of any face to face interaction can be another unpleasant experience. Their strategy nowadays is to avoid customer interaction and even through the app. That's the problem with Tesla customer support these days. But for the OP it's the only option, as the first step, at this point. My bet is they just matched the existing range of the old pack even though the installed battery is not the same as the one the OP paid for.

• Disagree
Reactions: buckets0fun
The app is not the only issue. Going to the SC in hope of any face to face interaction can be another unpleasant experience. Their strategy nowadays is to avoid customer interaction and even through the app. That's the problem with Tesla customer support these days. But for the OP it's the only option, as the first step, at this point. My bet is they just matched the existing range of the old pack even though the installed battery is not the same as the one the OP paid for.

Didn’t say Tesla makes it pleasant, but as long as you have any humans at that front desk, customers will find a way to get around the app that is now being used for evil instead of good.

They have come a long way already to eliminating human contact during service. They just have a little further to go, and they will do it. Mark my words.

... as long as you have any humans at that front desk, customers will find a way to get around the app that is now being used for evil instead of good.

Being forced to go to the SC's, because you can't even make a phone call and using the app is not being helpful, is not an easy option for those owners who live far away from the SC's. Tesla's customer service model is just broken and they are not interested in fixing it.

Enough being said. Hopefully the OP comes back with some positive news.