Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PLEASE HELP/EXPLAIN - new 2017 MS (MCU1, AP2.5) owner, AP issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone please explain what I have to do in order to get the Summon and NoA back? I took delivery of the 2017 Model S a week ago. Purchased from 3rd party dealer. He sent me a picture (attached ) from the AP screen which clearly shows both - NoA and Summon options. When I picked the car up from the dealer, he claimed that he did a software update- went from V10.0 (2019.32.12) to V10.1 (2019.40.2.1), and now I have the Autosteer option only. I have no reason to believe that he tricked me - sent me a picture from another car. He also was trying to sell a car online and posted very same pictures with a disclosure. What should I do next?
AP.jpg

My car was bought as a new demo inventory p100d X. Initially I had NoA but it's gone, however regular summon and Lane change is there. I think a software update broke it. I have a upcoming service appointment and will report back.
I would love to hear the outcome! When is your appointment? I could schedule mine to Friday after next.

This is what I thought too - No Autosteer should appear without Summon and NoA.

Didn't they add those 2 features in 1 update (not sure which) and then remove them in a following update? I could be wrong since i wasn't affected since I have AP1 but i thought I remember something like that. Maybe you need a newer update to get it back? (TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker)

Can someone please explain what I have to do in order to get the Summon and NoA back? I took delivery of the 2017 Model S a week ago. Purchased from 3rd party dealer. He sent me a picture (attached ) from the AP screen which clearly shows both - NoA and Summon options. When I picked the car up from the dealer, he claimed that he did a software update- went from V10.0 (2019.32.12) to V10.1 (2019.40.2.1), and now I have the Autosteer option only. I have no reason to believe that he tricked me - sent me a picture from another car. He also was trying to sell a car online and posted very same pictures with a disclosure. What should I do next?
View attachment 495987

From your attached picture, it seems some cameras are still calibrating. According to Tesla, "cameras must complete a self-calibration process. Calibration typically completes after driving 20-25 miles, but the distance varies depending on road and environmental conditions. Contact Tesla if your car has not completed the calibration process after driving 100 miles."

From your attached picture, it seems some cameras are still calibrating. According to Tesla, "cameras must complete a self-calibration process. Calibration typically completes after driving 20-25 miles, but the distance varies depending on road and environmental conditions. Contact Tesla if your car has not completed the calibration process after driving 100 miles."
Oh, I see this, but now that option is completely gone. I will try to take another picture this afternoon.

This doesn't explain why the NOA and Summon options are completely gone now. That picture is the "before" pic from the dealer if I'm understanding OP correctly.

OP, it sounds like Tesla has nerfed the autopilot option on your car back to the "regular" autopilot option they currently offer, which only includes AutoSteer (all of the other features are now bundled in Full Self Driving). This seems to be happening sometimes lately when cars pass through third party dealers. Only Tesla can fix this for you. You need to tell them you bought a car with "Enhanced Autopilot" and you expect that full functionality to be restored.

This doesn't explain why the NOA and Summon options are completely gone now. That picture is the "before" pic from the dealer if I'm understanding OP correctly.

OP, it sounds like Tesla has nerfed the autopilot option on your car back to the "regular" autopilot option they currently offer, which only includes AutoSteer (all of the other features are now bundled in Full Self Driving). This seems to be happening sometimes lately when cars pass through third party dealers. Only Tesla can fix this for you. You need to tell them you bought a car with "Enhanced Autopilot" and you expect that full functionality to be restored.
I have called TSLA CS, surprisingly they answered within 2 minutes! The CSR refused to provide a copy of original purchase agreement cited as a "privacy violation" issue. I was able to get a warranty expiration date (09/21) and confirmed free Supercharger option ;) !
The CSR could not tell me about that and recommended to schedule a service appt.

You can try putting the VIN in EV-CPO’s lookup tool - if they ever indexed the car the option codes will be in their database.

https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/?lookup

The configuration you have now (autosteer only) was not a valid configuration in 2017 in any circumstance, so something has changed. Given the screen cap you have and apparent trust for the dealer, you should approach your discussion with Tesla saying you KNOW the car had enhanced autopilot before and you want it back.

Reactions: whitex and EV-CPO
You can try putting the VIN in EV-CPO’s lookup tool - if they ever indexed the car the option codes will be in their database.

The configuration you have now (autosteer only) was not a valid configuration in 2017 in any circumstance, so something has changed. Given the screen cap you have and apparent trust for the dealer, you should approach your discussion with Tesla saying you KNOW the car had enhanced autopilot before and you want it back.
Thanks for a recommendation! When I spoke with TSLA CSR this morning, I've asked what option was purchased but the rep refused to tell! I was able to confirm that the car has free Supercharger but the premium connectivity will ends on 11/2020 even though the warranty expires on 09/2021.

Sure it was a valid configuration. Purchase the car without EAP then AFTER March 2019, purchase Autopilot only.