Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please Help Me Decide - I’ve Narrowed it Down to Two Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll be taking delivery on a red M3P very soon. I’ve been researching aftermarket wheels since I plan on putting on dedicated winter wheels/tires. So it’s between the tsportline TSS wheels or the Martian MW03 wheels (both 19” and both on satin black). Any opinions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• F2AB8F7E-4FF0-4DDD-B1D4-0A3BC943C47A.jpeg
    F2AB8F7E-4FF0-4DDD-B1D4-0A3BC943C47A.jpeg
    597.3 KB · Views: 338
  • 90F0CB4E-E7C9-42C6-B5B7-3FDB37468756.jpeg
    90F0CB4E-E7C9-42C6-B5B7-3FDB37468756.jpeg
    458.7 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I agree with those that recommend the Martian wheels. Seems like the better choice in this case.
BTW: The Tsportline are "Flow Forged" which is not the same as the "Fully Forged" from Martian.

Last edited:
Dumb question, but do I just order them online and take them to a local tire shop to have tires mounted on them?
Yes, you'll also need TPMS sensors if you are not taking them off your OEM wheels. You can buy them direct from Tesla or I believe @P3D-R has some.

Also, Tsportline wheels are not forged, they are flow formed. They called it "flow forged" but that is just marketing. It is not the same thing as Fully Forged.

Yes, you'll also need TPMS sensors if you are not taking them off your OEM wheels. You can buy them direct from Tesla or I believe @P3D-R has some.

Also, Tsportline wheels are not forged, they are flow formed. They called it "flow forged" but that is just marketing. It is not the same thing as Fully Forged.
Ah. Thanks so much for clarifying. I think I’ll definitely go with the Martians then.

The Martians are the better choice, however, I would only order from them if you don't care when your wheels show up. Seriously, it could take 6-9 months. To make matters worse, they will give you misleading and false updates when you do manage to get a ahold of someone. Check out the thread in the Model Y forum, its insightful.

The Martian wheels are definitely lighter. However, T Sportline had a nice 10% discount running when I ordered my wheels and tires from them last week. Not sure if it is still valid.

T Sportline does wheel and tire packages which is nice. Not sure if Martian does that? You may find that getting tires and TPMS sensors and getting everything mounted is time consuming and expensive right now. I like that I can just plop the T Sportline wheels and tires on when they get delivered on Friday.

The weight difference between the T Sportline wheels and the Martian equivalent wheels is about 3 lbs in the 18” size I chose. Not sure what the difference would be for 19” wheels. However, you may find that going smaller on the diameter is actually a bigger factor than the weight reduction for performance if there is any performance improvement at all.

I paid $3,100 OTD for 4 T Sportline TS5 18x8.5 wheels, 4 PS4S tires, and 4 TPMS sensors shipped and including tax. That is expensive compared to some options but it is not terrible considering it is an all in one package.

For the 18” wheels at Martian it appears to be about $2,400 for just the 4 wheels shipped($200). You still need tires($1000+) and TPMS sensors($250) as well. Then you have to get the tires mounted and balanced if Martian doesn’t sell the tires.

T Sportline shipped my entire order within 1 week. Martian appears to have significant wait times at the moment.

Both seem like good options but I went with T Sportline for the reasons I listed above.

Reactions: JSWE