Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please help me identify Model Y window trim part number...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I screwed up the black trim on my Model Y using a touchless carwash (ya, I've heard it all, I was lazy, I had a moment of weakness, lets just help me fix it now, lol)

I submitted a request to Tesla service and they wrote a quote for...

MY Upper Bright Trim Cap LH (1495730-00-AA) and MY Upper Bright Trim Cap RH (1495731-00-A)
From my understanding those are the two "top" portions of the long black trim that goes above the front and rear window. Each are $185 plus $65 (each) labor.

Then they wrote me a quote for the MY Rear QTR Glass Assy RH (and the LH) and each of those are $350 with $131 labor each. That's the trim for the rear little quarter window which thankfully doesn't look very bad after the wash. I don't feel like spending ~$900 just to have those two replaced AND I would need to re-tint that little glass.

What I need is the lower trim bits for the front and rear doors, like the trim right near where the window winds down into the door. The parts catalog isn't great, but I might have found it, can anyone confirm?

Is it "MY Front Door Outer Belt Assy LH/RH" with parts number 1495710-00-D and 1495711-00-D and "MY Rear Door Outer Belt Assy LH/RH" with parts number 1495720-00-D and 1495721-00-D??

• Informative
Reactions: Snow Drift
61C4F701-B15D-4642-824C-6F778CFD8A9E.jpeg

The two I’m asking about are those lower two red boxes…

So I screwed up the black trim on my Model Y using a touchless carwash (ya, I've heard it all, I was lazy, I had a moment of weakness, lets just help me fix it now, lol)

I submitted a request to Tesla service and they wrote a quote for...

MY Upper Bright Trim Cap LH (1495730-00-AA) and MY Upper Bright Trim Cap RH (1495731-00-A)
From my understanding those are the two "top" portions of the long black trim that goes above the front and rear window. Each are $185 plus $65 (each) labor.

Then they wrote me a quote for the MY Rear QTR Glass Assy RH (and the LH) and each of those are $350 with $131 labor each. That's the trim for the rear little quarter window which thankfully doesn't look very bad after the wash. I don't feel like spending ~$900 just to have those two replaced AND I would need to re-tint that little glass.

What I need is the lower trim bits for the front and rear doors, like the trim right near where the window winds down into the door. The parts ?
You do state how you 'screwed' it up. Did you bend it, discolor it, scratch it, break it?
If it's just discolored that can be fixed. video There are a few other solutions too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chicagoandy
You do state how you 'screwed' it up. Did you bend it, discolor it, scratch it, break it?
If it's just discolored that can be fixed. video There are a few other solutions too.
Touchless auto car wash. I didn't go back into detail again because I posted a pretty long post about it here a week or so ago and got a lot of comments, mainly about how I should never use them, even though I said I knew that going into it but had a moment of weakness due to the heat and bad air quality in the PNW from the fires the last couple weeks.

That's an interesting video, but I'm curious if that is actually "fixing it" or covering it up. I don't want to have to apply something every couple weeks, or every time I wash it, etc etc etc.

I'll probably use that trick for the little trim around the rear quarter windows since just those would be almost $900 to replace... but the rest of the trim I would like to have "perfect" again all the time. If I have to spend $500 to $700 to do that... well it was an expensive lesson but I'll know it's back to perfect.

As it is now, it cleaned up well, but I can still see it every time I get into the car, and it just bugs me so much.

If it were me, I sure wouldn't pay to have it replaced. I did have some scuffing on my lower rear plastic rocker panel, and a couple of coats of ceramic wax fixed it to the point that it doesn't show. After the ceramic waxing, it has shown since. I'd also try some ceramic wax on that trim. In fact I did ceramic wax the whole car with the same was as this. - including my wheel covers.

@acarney I think I read that once you've restored the original appearance using that trick, you can apply a layer of protect
And it stays cleaned up after a number of washes afterwards?

@acarney it's a lot cheaper and less hassle to re-apply WD40 or stainless steel cleaner than it is to replace the trim pieces after every wash! As noted, a coat of wax or ceramic over top after restoring to black should help you extend the timeframe that it stays that way.

@acarney I think I read that once you've restored the original appearance using that trick, you can apply a layer of protect

@acarney it's a lot cheaper and less hassle to re-apply WD40 or stainless steel cleaner than it is to replace the trim pieces after every wash! As noted, a coat of wax or ceramic over top after restoring to black should help you extend the timeframe that it stays that way.
That will be my last ever touchless car wash. It’ll be a one time replacement and then back to hand wash forever. In my experience though things wear off much faster than they say, so even if it *should* last a year, after a few months it starts to show again, etc. Just don’t want to deal with that on a vehicle that only has 3,500 miles on it…

Though now that I think about it, I need to call around for a chrome delete. If that’s $600 - $800 I might just do that and then I COULD use the touchless wash during the winter, lol

Also, I had a professional detailer applied ceramic on it plus retail ceramic spray (pro was less than a year old, retail was a couple months.) Obviously neither did anything at all and the car is also garage kept…

Update on this; $880 to replace those trim sections on both sides of the car. I'm not replacing the little quarter window trim because that's almost another $900 and they look pretty good. The rest of the trim honestly cleaned up pretty well, but the car is perfect other than those marks and there are sections you can still see in bright sunlight or when cleaning the car. Expensive touchless car wash, won't be doing that again and will be happy I have a flawless Model Y again...