Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please help me. South korea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need your help and your help.

As the title says, I need your help.

The point is the repair of Tesla Model 3.
I need to replace the main battery and update the software.
Main battery is imported with difficulty. a marine chart
Tesla's sales and service policy says software updates are not available.
Tesla's policy of not only software updates, but also not a single vault.
I am so angry and don't understand that I would like to ask your opinions and experiences.

The Possibility of Electric Vehicle Market and Alan Musk's Innovative Mind
I can't wait to see Tesla enter Korea, and I want to experience it as soon as possible.
I purchased a Tesla Model 3 used model in March last year (U.S.).
At the age of 50, a salaried worker has resisted numerous temptations.
I spent all the 40 million won that I had saved so hard.

I welcomed Tesla Model 3, which I dreamed of, through customs clearance
I found the main battery responsible for driving out of order.
In response, U.S. experts and companies in the past year,
As a result of all the inquiries made to various domestic renewable battery companies,
The consistent answer is that the main battery, valued at 20 million won, has no choice but to be replaced
It's driving me crazy. It's going to be more expensive than the current price.
I think it's right for me to carry all the blame because I won the auction.

In the midst of this, we started selling Tesla Model 3 in Korea last September.
"Oh, there's no cliff, there's no way to die."
As a result of inquiring Korean Tesla about the solution,
Tesla says, "No service can sell any part."
I felt like a bolt out of the blue.
But I can't just throw away 45 million won that I've already put in.
'Yes, I was hasty. Let's make it a good lesson.'
I tried to buy a main battery in the U.S.
It also says that it is difficult to import batteries because they are dangerous to explode.
But the bigger problem is,
Even if batteries are imported and installed,
If the software is not updated, the vehicle will not be able to be driven.

It's amazing and it's so unfair.
No matter how many of their policies they have,
They didn't tune it, they didn't tamper with
I didn't buy it through illegal channels.
What's more, I don't want free of charge.
He wants to fix it at a fair price.
I'm so angry at the fact that I can't approach anything.
The last year has been a very dry time.
I'm weak and weak, and I can't stand a giant dinosaur called Tesla.
I've realized that it's like hitting an egg. It's been a tough day.

After contacting several repair companies, multiple vendors confirmed that main battery replacement is the only answer.
In Tesla Korea, it is difficult to provide services for safety reasons.
So all Tesla vehicles should be disposed of in the event of an accident?
Tesla's official import will increase its share of Tesla's car in the future.
I'm afraid there will be a one-sided victim like me.

I'm so frustrated that I've been talking too long.

What do you think about this?
If you have any good ideas or ideas, please share them with me.
Every day is really painful.
The hair that had been falling off is falling like a feather...
I don't have spring and already the leaves are the rain fall foliage season. crying

Please help me, everyone.

...So all Tesla vehicles should be disposed of in the event of an accident?...

No, not in all accidents but only in some special cases when the car is titled as salvaged. That means they expect people can buy it in an auction and tear it up for parts but it is not meant for driving.

I thought you got the answer already:

Please help me.South Korea

Do-It-Yourself experts can fix your problems but you need to pay them. That means it might cost more than just to pay for a brand new Model 3.

Last edited:
At the age of 50, a salaried worker has resisted numerous temptations.
I spent all the 40 million won that I had saved so hard.

It is difficult to understand what, exactly, you think that any of us can do for you.

45 million SK won is equal to 36,000 USD. If you spent your life savings on a salvage Tesla and its importation, you have serious financial problems. How much more are you able to spend? How much of your money have you spent so far?

Maybe you can ship the car back to the U.S. and get a reimbursement of your import duties?

Reactions: coconutboy84
Sorry this happened. You should take some deep breaths and meditate. I know this is a difficult situation but you can get through it.

From what I understand, you received the car and found it wasn't working? Can insurance cover the repair costs? Tesla told me they can replace small battery components. Is there any way this can apply to your car? If not, can you return it and get a refund due to it being not in a driveable condition, as suggested previously?

They do have an 8 year / 100,000 or 120,000 mile warranty on the main battery for the Model 3. Can you check the warranty status?

Last edited:
Sorry this happened. You should take some deep breaths and meditate. I know this is a difficult situation but you can get through it.

From what I understand, you received the car and found it wasn't working? Can insurance cover the repair costs? Tesla told me they can replace small battery components. Is there any way this can apply to your car? If not, can you return it and get a refund due to it being not in a driveable condition, as suggested previously?

They do have an 8 year / 100,000 or 120,000 mile warranty on the main battery for the Model 3. Can you check the warranty status?

Sadly I don't think any of this will help him. He mentions an auction, so I think he either bought it at a valid car auction site (maybe eBay or something?) but more likely from a salvage yard. They pretty up their cars as much as possible and then will add one little line of "unable to verify battery status" or something. That basically means they haven't tested to see if the car drives or maybe even powers up. This usually means a major battery issue. Tesla will cover and repair/replace the battery if it's THEIR fault. If the battery just fails under normal conditions or if there is a manufacturing defect that becomes know years down the road, etc. This failure is most likely due to an accident, flood, abandonment of the car long term unplugged, etc. Tesla doesn't have the ability right now to supply parts to just anyone that asks, so basically if you want to rebuild on of these condition cars you need to go unofficial 3rd party. In the USA there are a handful of shops that will swap batteries and hack the computers to flash with a custom software which has been modified to allow unofficial hardware swaps and stuff. These cars WILL NOT work at superchargers and probably not even at 3rd party DC quick chargers. I have no idea if there is an underground market in SK yet offering this kind of service or not, I'm guessing not though. I think the car is probably a write off and maybe to the point of selling off for parts to try and recover some value out of it. Or sell it back to someone in America with the CLEAR statement that this needs a replacement battery. Maybe $15k or $20k? Who knows, but I suspect he would have to cover all shipping costs and import costs to even draw any serious interest since someone will have to pay for a replacement pack and a 3rd party to do all the work and live with the limits of no DC quick charging...