Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please help me understand the Delivery Estimate webpage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, @JeffK. I don't see a problem with Tesla's estimator but I see why you have a different opinion. In your version, you are somewhere in the USA queue like this:
......................................................x.......................................................................................

However, it appears Tesla is creating multiple queues and placing you somewhere in each queue. Then you have to decide in which queue you want to be.
LR: ..................................x...............................................
SR: ....................x........................................

if I'm allowed to configure in January...
I think things become clearer when you exaggerate them. Let's say you are invited to configure on January 1st. Fictionally, let's assume the smaller battery became available the day before. What does this mean? It means people who reserved before you and want the LR battery, have already taken delivery or are about to but those who are before you and want the SR battery are still waiting for production. Therefore in this scenario, you can either have the LR version in a few days or wait 2 months more for SR version.

When they start making the standard battery version, they will have another round of employee / owner / non-owner priorities. Then the same with AWD.

Hi, @JeffK. I don't see a problem with Tesla's estimator but I see why you have a different opinion. In your version, you are somewhere in the USA queue like this:
......................................................x.......................................................................................

However, it appears Tesla is creating multiple queues and placing you somewhere in each queue. Then you have to decide in which queue you want to be.
LR: ..................................x...............................................
SR: ....................x........................................

I think things become clearer when you exaggerate them. Let's say you are invited to configure on January 1st. Fictionally, let's assume the smaller battery became available the day before. What does this mean? It means people who reserved before you and want the LR battery, have already taken delivery or are about to but those who are before you and want the SR battery are still waiting for production. Therefore in this scenario, you can either have the LR version in a few days or wait 2 months more for SR version.

When the production of standard battery starts, they will have another round of employee / owner / non-owner priorities.

for LR you should put LR+PUP, LR without upgrades, by your definition, would be a different queue.

Reactions: Rich966
Not everyone is a game of thrones fan and in addition, there are still people that don't realize the southern hemisphere has summer when we have winter.

A dragon dies this Sunday if you haven't seen it already.

Just wanted to let you know that I really did not appreciate your sharing a spoiler in a totally unrelated forum. I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but it seemed really petty to me and definitely affected my viewing of the show. Please be more considerate next time.

totally unrelated forum
Unrelated... never.
Game-of-Thrones-George-R.-R.-Martin-Loves-His-Purple-Tesla-Model-S-1.jpg

It was a pretty awesome episode, even with the spoiler you have to admit :D