Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please help!!! [should I return my car?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha. That's true! My EAP has almost all the features except for the smart summon and the traffic lights as of now. Not a big deal for me.

If you have doubts and can return, then return.
I see FSD is not super important for you. Consider getting new without FSD. Also, ceramic coating is not very strong against scratches. You'll need a PPF ($1500+) and fixing scratches will never make your car look anywhere as new.

Speaking of range, if your car can make it over 200 miles without a big effort, you have nothing to worry about as most superchargers are usually spaced by 100 miles or so.

If you have doubts and can return, then return.
I see FSD is not super important for you. Consider getting new without FSD. Also, ceramic coating is not very strong against scratches. You'll need a PPF ($1500+) and fixing scratches will never make your car look anywhere as new.

Speaking of range, if your car can make it over 200 miles without a big effort, you have nothing to worry about as most superchargers are usually spaced by 100 miles or so.

Thanks. That's helpful.

True. But the speeds are different. The SR+ charges at 32 Amps Max. The LR I believe is 44.

You'll really need to install a Tesla charger ($500 thing) on a 60A breaker (not the cheapest installation) to get full benefit of it. If you are on a 240 V plug (like NEMA 14-50), you are limited by 32 A. And this is NOT a big deal AT ALL unless you are doing Uber from your home. At 32 A you will be adding 30 miles/hour on LR and possibly more on SR+. 32 A or 44A, that's a NON issue in 99.9% cases IMHO.

Reactions: duanra
You'll really need to install a Tesla charger ($500 thing) on a 60A breaker (not the cheapest installation) to get full benefit of it. If you are on a 240 V plug (like NEMA 14-50), you are limited by 32 A. And this is NOT a big deal AT ALL unless you are doing Uber from your home. At 32 A you will be adding 30 miles/hour on LR and possibly more on SR+. 32 A or 44A, that's a NON issue in 99.9% cases IMHO.
Thanks. I just received that charger today and will be putting that in soon. I was planning on doing Uber here and there just due to the fact that I love driving on the side.

Thanks. I just received that charger today and will be putting that in soon. I was planning on doing Uber here and there just due to the fact that I love driving on the side.

If I plan to use Tesla as Taxi, I'd actually go for the cheapest car possible and then rely on superchargers (Albuquerque has one), and forget about FSD/EAP, you're not likely to use it much. Your home charger, whether 32A or 44 A will be only good for overnight charging, but if you do Uber I guess you may do over 200 miles a day easily, and you may have below freezing temps that reduce your range, so a supercharger might be a necessary thing.

If you could afford it, I'd advice to get a new SR+ with 263 miles of range for $39.2k. You get insurance and a heat pump.

Is the LR a silver car? If so, get that one. It's a rare color, and looks good, especially with white interior.

In terms of the scratches, if it needs a repaint, I would definitely return it. But if it just needs paint correction, that's nowhere near as big a deal, although it could still be a significant expense if you are paying someone to do it, depending on what they charge. You'd want to get a quote to find out for your decision making process.

My thought s as a 2018 LR W/ EAP owner: I use EAP every day that I drive the car- it's really nice on the freeway. The upgraded sound system in pretty great, and it's done San Diego to Detroit and back with no stress (actually easier than driving ICE). You didn't mention the color of the LR in your original post (and I missed it if you mentioned it later), but Black model 3's are dime-a-dozen around here, and always look dirty.

bluecrewforlife