Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please help!!! [should I return my car?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! I would really appreciate your help in a tough decision I'm in currently. I recently just bought a 2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+ with 12K miles with EAP included with it. Obviously, I'm a bit nervous about the range issue and it being a black color, wasn't very happy with the scratches all over the hood and other places in the car. I have 7 days to either return/exchange the car. I found a 2018 Model 3 LR with 44K miles (that's a lot) with FSD already included. It's also $1500 cheaper. Would you recommend me keeping the current car and get the scratches fixed and get it ceramic coated after or save the money and have FSD, be okay with the miles but get the 3.0 Hardware, faster charging, better audio and range?

Thank you so much for your time.

LR: Check tires to see if they have been replaced. I have to change my tires soon and its above 40K miles at the moment. Plug in the LR with the mobile charger and assess what a full battery will give you. You want to make sure you that that battery holds its charge. You wont be getting 325 miles, but getting a rough estimate would be better. I have heard that Tesla did not honor FSD to second hand sales. There is a thread on that.

Thanks. Hard to tell but they guarantee at least 4/32” tread in the middle. Here's a picture I saw if it helps.

Attachments

• cu-22.jpg
    cu-22.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 93
Hello everyone! I would really appreciate your help in a tough decision I'm in currently. I recently just bought a 2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+ with 12K miles with EAP included with it. Obviously, I'm a bit nervous about the range issue and it being a black color, wasn't very happy with the scratches all over the hood and other places in the car. I have 7 days to either return/exchange the car. I found a 2018 Model 3 LR with 44K miles (that's a lot) with FSD already included. It's also $1500 cheaper. Would you recommend me keeping the current car and get the scratches fixed and get it ceramic coated after or save the money and have FSD, be okay with the miles but get the 3.0 Hardware, faster charging, better audio and range?

Thank you so much for your time.
Who is giving you a 7 day return policy on a used car?

Reactions: cwerdna
LR or is it dual motor? if it's dual motor, i'd go for that but judging it's 2018, it's probably the RWD LR. Are you saving a ton vs buying a new SR+?
The SR+ is a 2019, with 12K miles, so not really new. But the 2018 is LR, not a dual motor. Like you said, it's a RWD LR. It's $1500 cheaper but I love the fact that it has more range, better audio, faster charging and most importantly, saving me $5K instead of having to upgrade to FSD, it already having it.

For what it is worth, I’ve had my M3SR+ since June. No range anxiety locally, of course. I installed a 220v plug and change at home overnight. Drove 750 miles one-way to visit my son. Stopped every two hours or so to charge. Got a cuppa coffee, went for a walk or had a meal. Made the drive very relaxing. Range anxiety never an issued. Before I purchased, I reviewed the incremental changes and realized that I wanted the newest version possible. There were better seats, slightly better range, quieter ride, etc. All the “small” improvements made a big. difference. I could not be more happy with the car. Good luck with your choice.

For what it is worth, I’ve had my M3SR+ since June. No range anxiety locally, of course. I installed a 220v plug and change at home overnight. Drove 750 miles one-way to visit my son. Stopped every two hours or so to charge. Got a cuppa coffee, went for a walk or had a meal. Made the drive very relaxing. Range anxiety never an issued. Before I purchased, I reviewed the incremental changes and realized that I wanted the newest version possible. There were better seats, slightly better range, quieter ride, etc. All the “small” improvements made a big. difference. I could not be more happy with the car. Good luck with your choice.
Thank you for that. I live in New Mexico, so range to me shouldn't be a big issue. I do like to go up to Colorado, so worried a bit about where superchargers are located. I'm really happy with the acceleration/audio and love the fact that it's only 12K miles, compared to 44K. I just received the wall connector, so I'll be installing it in the next few days. I think that'll make a big difference.

Not even close. I'll barely be at 20-30 miles a day. I'm more worried about taking a road trip. :)
Rent a car.

You’re welcome.

———

Okay, okay, I know some of you like taking your cars on road trips. I don’t, I rent and don’t like putting additional miles on my car(Or I just fly).

But, what is there to worry about? Your map will give you a guide about where to stop and charge-up. Every few hours, you’ll just spend-20-30 mins charging up, no? You’ll be fine. But if you’re worried about the color and stuff, then get a car that meets your needs. Don’t ever settle.

Rent a car.

You’re welcome.

———

Okay, okay, I know some of you like taking your cars on road trips. I don’t, I rent and don’t additional miles on my car(Or I just fly).

But, what is there to worry about? Your map will give you a guide about where to stop and charge-up. Every few hours, you’ll just spend-20-30 mins charging up, no? You’ll be fine. But if you’re worried about the color and stuff, then get a car that meets your needs. Don’t ever settle.
Haha. That's always an option!

T
There you go. That’s a big deal for you, then make the plunge.

I don’t even use autopilot that came with my car. I’ve used it maybe 3x in the last 3 months since I’ve had the car. And I probably used it for about a couple minutes.

I haven't owned the car long enough to know exactly how useful it will be, but kind of wanted to invest in the future. I don't think I'll be selling that car anytime soon.

Hope you got a smoking good deal on it. Vroom offered me over $5,000 less than bids from local wholesalers in my area to buy my 2019 SR+ with only 8k miles on it. Vroom offered me $32,500 for it. Crazy.

I actually work at a car dealership so I know how bad those appraisals can be when it comes to them purchasing cars. I had a Jaguar that they offered me $150 for that I sold for 6K!

T

I haven't owned the car long enough to know exactly how useful it will be, but kind of wanted to invest in the future. I don't think I'll be selling that car anytime soon.

Neither do I. But remember, most cars are not investments. I understand the FSD has gradually gone-up but how much more do you believe it will go up? Unless it starts hitting Starbucks drive-thru’s and begins ordering and delivering me some double shot espresso on its own, I think they are going to top-out soon.

Neither do I. But remember, most cars are not investments. I understand the FSD has gradually gone-up but how much more do you believe it will go up? Unless it starts hitting Starbucks drive-thru’s and begins ordering and delivering me some double shot espresso on its own, I think they are going to top-out soon.

Haha. That's true! My EAP has almost all the features except for the smart summon and the traffic lights as of now. Not a big deal for me.

Reactions: spehanich