Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please help with FSD option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MY was totaled. Mine had FSD. I checked with tesla and they said FSD is not transferable.

GEICO told me that their comparables had FSD.
The comparables are from dealers, so since FSD is not transferable, i think there is no way they would have it.

I have the VIN of the comparables. How can I check and fight this? Please help.

Any official document that desribes that FSD is not transfereable so I can send the insurance company?
This is so frustrating. Please help.
I am willing to hire an independent assessor if it would help me.

You are mixing up things.

Cars from dealers can absolutely have FSD. FSD, when sold to a dealer (and not tesla) stays with the vehicle, so it IS transferrable, it stays with the vehicle it was activated on.

What is "not transferrable" is you telling tesla "I purchased FSD on my last car, I am going to order a new one and want to transfer the FSD I purchased to my new tesla. THAT is not transferrable.

TL; DR - FSD goes with the car, not the person, so it is perfectly reasonable to think that teslas on dealers lots will have FSD, while YOU are not able to transfer the FSD you purchased to another vehicle. The FSD you purchased remains with that totaled car.

Sorry, there is nothing to fight there about that. What you should be attempting to do is find vehicles that have FSD on dealer lots that have a higher value, if you can. There is no avenue to fight "I want to transfer the FSD I purchased to another vehicle, tesla doesnt do that, and people have tried and failed.

Reactions: cgell and jmaddr
You are mixing up things.

Cars from dealers can absolutely have FSD. FSD, when sold to a dealer (and not tesla) stays with the vehicle, so it IS transferrable, it stays with the vehicle it was activated on.

What is "not transferrable" is you telling tesla "I purchased FSD on my last car, I am going to order a new one and want to transfer the FSD I purchased to my new tesla. THAT is not transferrable.

TL; DR - FSD goes with the car, not the person, so it is perfectly reasonable to think that teslas on dealers lots will have FSD, while YOU are not able to transfer the FSD you purchased to another vehicle. The FSD you purchased remains with that totaled car.

Sorry, there is nothing to fight there about that. What you should be attempting to do is find vehicles that have FSD on dealer lots that have a higher value, if you can. There is no avenue to fight "I want to transfer the FSD I purchased to another vehicle, tesla doesnt do that, and people have tried and failed.
Thank you. This is very helpful. i do not have the MY with me. Will someone post a screen shot of a MY with FSD? Thanks.