Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please list voice commands you know

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been testing the voice command function on my M3. So far I only know a few commands;
"Navigate to..."
"Cancel navigation"
"Call ..."

What other commands are there?
I was hoping there would be one for folding/unfolding side mirrors.
How do I ask it to play music from my phone?

I have been testing the voice command function on my M3. So far I only know a few commands;
"Navigate to..."
"Cancel navigation"
"Call ..."

What other commands are there?
I was hoping there would be one for folding/unfolding side mirrors.
How do I ask it to play music from my phone?

When playing music from a USB connected SSD I can say "Play ... song name" It pops up the song titles that match. You still have to tap to actually play but it greatly reduces the onscreen searching to find tracks (which is pretty ropey by modern standards). It doesn't work with album titles unfortunately, only individual tracks.

There's an older thread on this - I'm sure they'll have added some - but might be good as a starter for 10...

===NAVIGATE===
"Navigate to <place>"
“Where is the nearest Starbucks?”
"Drive to the Kettleman City Supercharger"
"Take me to a movie theater"
“Drive home” (if you configured a home address)
"Navigate to work" (if you configured a work address)
"Cancel Trip"
"Cancel Navigation"

===PHONE===
“Call <name>”
"Dial <name>"

===MUSIC=== ( It searches the streaming music services. )
“Play <song/artist/genre>”
“Play Smooth Jazz”
"Listen to Rolling Stones"

===MISC===
“bug report” (then describe the problem.)
"ho ho ho" (activates Santa mode easter egg.)

Known working voice commands?

When playing music from a USB connected SSD I can say "Play ... song name" It pops up the song titles that match. You still have to tap to actually play but it greatly reduces the onscreen searching to find tracks (which is pretty ropey by modern standards). It doesn't work with album titles unfortunately, only individual tracks.

I got the track name to pop up, and clicked/pressed on it, but it wouldn't play. The track was from USB [edited - added]- FLAC format copied from music server. Played if selected manually.

Last edited:
Things I would like to be able to do with voice commands:
1.Control wipers (on/off & speed)
2.Control climate settings (on/off & increase/decrease)
3.Control songs from my linked phone & select radio stations
4.Fold/unfold side mirrors
5.Have the car read out messages from my phone

Reactions: drewpost
This is quite a disappointment to me... I expected to be using voice controls for loads of car functions before i bought the car!

Pretty crap implementation just now... I hope they are working on it... quite an important safety feature really.