Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please make the light icons responsive.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing difficult. I think the light icons can be made responsive without going through the pain figuring it out in the control dashboard. Green -> on, gray or gray with a cross over -> off. Things such as lights and water wiper are vital and should be accessed with ease.

Attachments

• F1F2283D-162C-4E40-8F5B-2983814F5CEB.jpeg
    F1F2283D-162C-4E40-8F5B-2983814F5CEB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 115
You would think that I am nutz because it’s automatic when put to drive. But one of the situation that this can be handy is while at parking and I am sitting in the car and want to mess with the light without going through all that troubles. While driving I want to turn the fog lights on without going through the pain figuring it out in 3 complicate steps while driving. Hence, these things are vital.

Reactions: alexcue
Although you can take it to two simple steps, there are situations that you can randomly flash people by doing that.
Actually ……. Two simple steps:
1 - Pull left stalk towards you briefly (brings up lights card)
2 - Tap to turn on fog lights

I’m hoping for some voice commands one day ……. But for now this is fine
Also flashing people sometimes means that you are sending some sort of message depend on the situation. I would try to avoid distracting people.

The icons are already active.

Green = ON, low beams lit up.
Blue = ON, high beams lit up.
No Icon = OFF
Grey >(A) = Automatic enabled (this is always visible unless the stalk is moved and the function is disabled).

Turn fog lights ON (Control) and they only activate when the low beam lights turn on. No need to manually activate them.

What they need to fix is the low beams no longer go on automatically with windshield wipers in the rain. Unless it is dark out, and the lights are already on.

Controls/Fog lights (ON)…

Screen shows no icon

Turn on headlights, screen shows two green icons (low beams and fog lights).

When you leave Fog ON in Control, the fog lights automatically go on with low beams.
I don’t need it on when it is unnecessary. With all the music and climate, nav, sensors, camera on these things drain the battery very quickly. It’s a common sense that for many drivers who want to maximize the distance would have to cut off the leisure.

Reactions: alexcue
I don’t need it on when it is unnecessary. With all the music and climate, nav, sensors, camera on these things drain the battery very quickly. It’s a common sense that for many drivers who want to maximize the distance would have to cut off the leisure.
Exactly... I don't want the fog lights on all the time... I only want them on when.... wait for it... it's FOGGY! or it's raining. But I do love the card solution. Learn something new everyday.

I love seeing cars with one of their fog lights burned out. Why??? cause they always had it on. When they need it most it doesn't work.

They only go on when using the low beams. Which is when you use them. Front fog lights are not like a rear fog light, only used in bad weather.
They light up the side of the road to help you see deer, etc.

They are using your 12v. Not the battery pack. Honestly, range anxiety ended a few years ago. You don’t need to worry about it unless you are in the middle of no where for a very long time.

If having it on whenever low beams are on is that big of a deal, you have to do it manually. Like any other car on sale in the US. A stalk switch would be nice but Elon is trying to limit user interaction, so auto ON is ideal.

Last edited:
They only go on when using the low beams. Which is when you use them. Front fog lights are not like a rear fog light, only used in bad weather.
They light up the side of the road to help you see deer, etc.

They are using your 12v. Not the battery pack.

If having it on whenever low beams are on is that big of a deal, you have to do it manually. Like any other car on sale in the US.
Idk if you actually own a Tesla. The physical switch on the handle was removed. Now you would have to go through all the pain try to navigate it in the control dashboard or try to flash somebody before you can even get access to it or have it turn on whenever the low beam is on. I don’t want any of that and I already justified it. Also, idk what you mean by using my 12v not the battery pack. I guess the energy is collected from the heat I passed on to the seat and transformed to the 12v.

Idk if you actually own a Tesla. The physical switch on the handle was removed. Now you would have to go through all the pain try to navigate it in the control dashboard or try to flash somebody before you can even get access to it or have it turn on whenever the low beam is on. I don’t want any of that and I already justified it. Also, idk what you mean by using my 12v not the battery pack. I guess the energy is collected from the heat I passed on to the seat and transformed to the 12v.
I own a Model Y and I had a Model 3 and another Model Y.

ICE cars have stalks with fog light switches or a button on the dash. That’s what I was referencing. That’s what you want your Tesla to have.

The accessories in the car run off the 12v battery.

Just turn the fog light button to [ON], all the time. Let the car use the fogs with your low beams.

ICE cars have stalks with fog light switches or a button on the dash. That’s what I was referencing. That’s what you want your Tesla to have.

Just turn the fog light button to [ON], all the time. Let the car use the fogs with your low beams.

Just turn the fog light button to [ON], all the time. Let the car use the fogs with your low beams.i

I don’t want to have it on all the time. To be honest I enjoy a car with bright headlight. But I am not gonna be entitled and try to blind others when it is unnecessary. Like I said, that 12 V battery doesn’t charge on it’s own. Mine doesn’t come equipped with a solar panel either.

You would think that I am nutz because it’s automatic when put to drive. But one of the situation that this can be handy is while at parking and I am sitting in the car and want to mess with the light without going through all that troubles. While driving I want to turn the fog lights on without going through the pain figuring it out in 3 complicate steps while driving. Hence, these things are vital.
Actually, you can click on the headlight icon pictured and that will also bring up the mini menu with the controls. So 2 clicks if you don't want to use the stalk.