Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my text today, confirming I'm paying Cash & Trade In... Website now says "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery?"

Do I have to pay off my balance before they confirm a delivery date? or wait until they confirm a delivery date? or wait until they actually deliver the car to me?

Located in Georgia, if that makes a difference? Excited...

I don't know what you have to do but that's what I did. I was told my car was completed on May 18th and I immediately paid the balance in full and got an insurance policy. Today I finally got a delivery date of June 4th. I figure I can worry about saving some bucks but in the big scheme of things I trust Tesla and didn't want the car to go to someone else that seemed more eager.

Reactions: Akikiki and dojacat
I received only one text from Tesla 10 day ago confirming payment/trade-in, but no other correspondence. Found VIN in source code at that time, then my account page updated to show a 6/4 delivery appointment, and today it shows my VIN under the reservation number and is asking for final payment.

No text to schedule delivery, no email, no call, nothing.

I called Tesla today and the Nevada employee told me the car was enroute (“It’s currently passing through New Mexico”) and that my delivery would indeed be Thursday. Of course she never asked my name, RN number, or anything at all identifiable other than the caller ID of my number so I suspect her responses were less than accurate.

Not sure when I’ll submit payment, happy to have the car but would like to at least know it’s here (and likely have a chance to inspect.

Got text to confirm cash payment; next day VIN in source code appeared, then MVPA. 3rd day (yesterday) : text for scheduling delivery and link for options. Able to payoff anytime after the initial text.

We scheduled yesterday for Jun 3. Paid off ACH today. VIN appears on main page now under the RN.

Reactions: Akikiki
[QUOTE="... Of course she never asked my name, RN number, or anything at all identifiable other than the caller ID of my number so I suspect her responses were less than accurate...
[/QUOTE]

they have a good caller ID system. I called yesterday and they knew what car was mine and it’s status without me giving them any info whatsoever.

Reactions: Ryandelacruz00
I made a delivery appointment on May 22nd for May 29. I made the final payment via ACH on the 28th. You have to make the final payment so that they can enable clicking "Accept Delivery", which is the key to having the car show up the mobile app. That's required to be able to unlock the car at the touchless delivery center.

I made a delivery appointment on May 22nd for May 29. I made the final payment via ACH on the 28th. You have to make the final payment so that they can enable clicking "Accept Delivery", which is the key to having the car show up the mobile app. That's required to be able to unlock the car at the touchless delivery center.
So how was the condition of your car?