Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing came up on my account, it only showed a VIN in the MVPA and I definitely will not be sending 40k+ blind. It's been about 2 weeks since then though? It would be nice if we could see a progress bar of whether the car is made, on route, almost ready for delivery because after being offered the option to pay you'd think the car was within 1-2 weeks of delivery...

Spoke with my SA today since the payment option showed up on my account. He said even in the era of contactless delivery, paying with a personal check after visual inspection of the car on delivery day is perfectly fine. No need to pay ahead of time online unless you're really inclined to.

Well I need y’all to help me figure out what I’m suppose to do. My advisor told me to put I was paying cash since it was going to be over the 30 day lock in on my loan. So are they gonna give me enough time to get the loan? I got pre approved but delta credit told me I would have to reapply and they would give the check. Should I start working on this? I ordered on 8/2 and they gave me a text 2-4 weeks on Tuesday. Sorry all the questions but with some of the horror stories I’ve read here about the deliveries I want to be prepared.

Well I need y’all to help me figure out what I’m suppose to do. My advisor told me to put I was paying cash since it was going to be over the 30 day lock in on my loan. So are they gonna give me enough time to get the loan? I got pre approved but delta credit told me I would have to reapply and they would give the check. Should I start working on this? I ordered on 8/2 and they gave me a text 2-4 weeks on Tuesday. Sorry all the questions but with some of the horror stories I’ve read here about the deliveries I want to be prepared.
Yes the time in-between your delivery should be enough to lock in financing. My advisor did the same thing with the cash and then swap to financing closer to delivery. I locked in financing with Tesla about a week ago since I’m likely 2-3 weeks from delivery and I’ll write a check at delivery as long as I’m happy with it. I would definitely wait until having either a VIN or a solid go ahead from the advisor before officially getting financing so avoid unneeded credit hits.

Yes the time in-between your delivery should be enough to lock in financing. My advisor did the same thing with the cash and then swap to financing closer to delivery. I locked in financing with Tesla about a week ago since I’m likely 2-3 weeks from delivery and I’ll write a check at delivery as long as I’m happy with it. I would definitely wait until having either a VIN or a solid go ahead from the advisor before officially getting financing so avoid unneeded credit hits.

Thanks! This is all so overwhelming cause it’s like everything at Tesla is a secret. Lol. Like I just looked if I ordered today and it’s 2-4 weeks delivery. That’s the same as mine and I’ve been waiting a month already. I’ve seen people on here waiting from mid July. It’s amazing how everything is so hush hush until a day before delivery it feels like. Stressful and exciting all at the same time.

Thanks! This is all so overwhelming cause it’s like everything at Tesla is a secret. Lol. Like I just looked if I ordered today and it’s 2-4 weeks delivery. That’s the same as mine and I’ve been waiting a month already. I’ve seen people on here waiting from mid July. It’s amazing how everything is so hush hush until a day before delivery it feels like. Stressful and exciting all at the same time.
Oh absolutely...I placed my order on July 21 and have basically not heard anything in regards to when the car will be coming except for a vague hint of early September...I’m not a fan of it but I guess we’re willing to put up with it for the product, I do hope they improve the black hole of communication though it’s quite ridiculous. But on a positive note I share your excitement.

Oh absolutely...I placed my order on July 21 and have basically not heard anything in regards to when the car will be coming except for a vague hint of early September...I’m not a fan of it but I guess we’re willing to put up with it for the product, I do hope they improve the black hole of communication though it’s quite ridiculous. But on a positive note I share your excitement.

Me too. Communication is key but they are still selling so I guess that’s why they aren’t changing. If you are a rookie like me then download the checklist at delivery on this site. It’s long but from some of the nightmares I’ve heard about delivery it’s a very good list.

Me too. Communication is key but they are still selling so I guess that’s why they aren’t changing. If you are a rookie like me then download the checklist at delivery on this site. It’s long but from some of the nightmares I’ve heard about delivery it’s a very good list.
Thanks yeah I have the checklist pulled up on a tab for when the days comes! I really hope it comes built well because it would be tragic to have to reject. I’m confident that the issues are less now that they’ve had so much time to work on the 3. But from what I see with the Y...yikes