Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please, please -- Tesla app needs push notifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it has been mentioned in threads on requested app features, but I think this deserves its own thread. I charge while at work on any one of several chargers provided by my office park (not operated by commercial providers like ChargePoint or Blink). At least a couple times a week, I go to my car at the end of the day and find that it has stopped charging. I have no idea whether this is some Leaf-owning interloper or a power failure at the source, but a building card is needed to re-start charging. Whenever this occurs, I have the multiple frustration of having wasted charging time, going home with less than optimal range, occupying a charging space unnecessarily, etc. If the iPhone app would feature push notifications of critical errors like a charging interruption, I could remedy the issue immediately (and would not have to remember to check the app every 30 minutes throughout the work day). I would gladly give up all of my "like" notifications on Instagram in exchange for push notifications that are actually useful.

And I'm sure there are other items worthy of a push notification, like the car alarm going off, charging completion, interior temperatures reaching a certain level, etc.

I think that this feature would be helpful at crowded Supercharger locations as well.

From the Supercharger FAQ:
There are people waiting to charge, but I am not done charging; what is charging etiquette?
We ask our customers to use courtesy while charging. Once your Model S has completed charging, we ask that you move your vehicle to make the spot available for other Model S owners.

I like to patonize local restaurants when I'm charging at a Supercharger and I'm prepared to move my car while dining if a Supercharger is crowded. This application would be more convenient than constantly launching the current application to determine my charging status.

Larry

+1. I would prefer an email option because it is more universal.

My 240V breaker misbehaves from time to time and I would prefer to be notified when charging stops instead of constantly checking the app (especially on days before a trip).