Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please post towing scenarios from experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be interesting for members to post towing scenarios that they have had with the Model X.

Frontal area of a trailer and weight will have huge effects, but tandem axles should also effect energy usage.

I would be interested in what owners have towed (I know at the moment the only a couple have) and what the results are.

Small airstreams, single axle inclosed trailers. Tandem flat decks ect will all have varying results.

2.5 miles, 4.9kWh, 1976Wh/mi
1.jpg

Truck Yeah! One more day the Tundra does not need to burn gasoline. Also easier to do with a more gentle tug to start and camera helps position the rig just right,

That's my new favorite picture. :) The one that just became my new avatar after 3 yrs comes in a close second;) towing pics (19' outboard runabout) will show up here eventually.

Question: the X only has a 7 pin wiring harness, right? I've yet to see a clear picture of it. Does it face straight down, being hidden behind the bumper? My trailer is a 4-pin, so I'm wondering if an adapter like Amazon.com: Reese Towpower 74607 7-Way to 4-Way Flat Blade Wiring Adapter: Automotive will not work out well because it will be too close to the ground.
That adapter will work fine, it's the same one I use to connect my boat trailer (21" Sanger V210). The only issue is the plug connector is recessed back a bit (as is the connection point for the safety chains) I had to get about 12" longer cables than what I'd been using on my original tow rig (a GMC Acadia)

That adapter will work fine, it's the same one I use to connect my boat trailer (21" Sanger V210). The only issue is the plug connector is recessed back a bit (as is the connection point for the safety chains) I had to get about 12" longer cables than what I'd been using on my original tow rig (a GMC Acadia)

Thanks for the info. I'll probably wait until I get my X. I might need the adapter with a bit of wire between - my wires on my trailer seem to keep getting shorter...