Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please remind me, how do I schedule a mobile service appointment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please forgive me if this seems like a dumb question, but can someone explain to me the steps of how to choose a time for a mobile service again? I'm just trying to get a simple tire rotation done. From the app, I selected Service, then I selected tire rotation, which is really straightforward. Then I put in my home address and it jumps staight to a screen where I have to click Confirm. This is where I get confused. I recall being able to choose a date in the past, so I thought that was weird but whatever, I click "Confirm." Then they sent me a cost estimate very quickly, it's $65. That's fine. But now I'm on a screen where I only have the option to click "Approve and Schedule," but I don't know what date it is going to be scheduled for??? Maybe I'm just stupid, but I can't remember at which point do I get to pick a date to have the service done? I don't know if I should click "Approve and Schedule" because I don't even know what date or time the service will be at. If anyone has scheduled mobile service recently, please let me know if something has changed in the process in 2023...thank you!

Click "Approve and Schedule". They'll give you various time slots that you can choose from. If there is no date/time you like then you can cancel (perhaps after selecting one). As long as you cancel more than 24 hours before the appointment, there is no penalty.
Thank you so much for the help! I was finally was able to see the dates and times. I don't know why I got so confused...I guess it's just been too long since I had to schedule a service.

Upvote 0
I was trying to simply order an over the counter self-installable part (trailer brake ECU wiring harness) for my 2023 LRMY. I specifically indicated I wanted it shipped, but it still tried to schedule a service appointment at the nearest service center. I tried to change it to mobile service, but was unable. I tried to eliminate the service appointment but was unable. I am not sure if their automated system even reads the content of the request. Also considering all the ways I tried to get mobile service, I believe it is related to (1) the nature of the service, and (2) distance of location from brick and mortar service center.

Upvote 0
I was trying to simply order an over the counter self-installable part (trailer brake ECU wiring harness) for my 2023 LRMY. I specifically indicated I wanted it shipped, but it still tried to schedule a service appointment at the nearest service center. I tried to change it to mobile service, but was unable. I tried to eliminate the service appointment but was unable. I am not sure if their automated system even reads the content of the request. Also considering all the ways I tried to get mobile service, I believe it is related to (1) the nature of the service, and (2) distance of location from brick and mortar service center.
I haven't done this recently but I think you are only able to get direct (text) contact with a human after you schedule a service appointment. I had a good phone conversation with the service department after I made a service request a little over a year ago.

If you cancel the appointment then the window for direct contact closes. As long as you cancel at least 24 hours in advance then there is no cancellation fee. I think you're on the right track and just need a little patience. Please let us know how it goes.

Upvote 0
I haven't done this recently but I think you are only able to get direct (text) contact with a human after you schedule a service appointment. I had a good phone conversation with the service department after I made a service request a little over a year ago.

If you cancel the appointment then the window for direct contact closes. As long as you cancel at least 24 hours in advance then there is no cancellation fee. I think you're on the right track and just need a little patience. Please let us know how it goes.
After about 3 days I received a text response, that Tesla does not ship parts direct to individuals, and that I had to schedule a service visit. I am within 150 miles of 2 different service/parts centers, but only one of them is open on occasional Saturdays. I was able to schedule a Saturday visit about a month out. The quoted part price was very reasonable at less than $5, but I need to drive 4 hours round trip to pick it up and then self-install. Not ideal, but a workable solution.

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam
Upvote 0