Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please remove the Disagree Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sensitive much @JulienW ? o_O I've seen a lot of childish things on the forum here but this may take the cake.

Screenshot_20200705-152227.png
Screenshot_20200705-152234.png
Screenshot_20200705-152241.png
Screenshot_20200705-152249.png
Screenshot_20200705-152256.png
Screenshot_20200705-152309.png
Screenshot_20200705-152315.png
Screenshot_20200705-152321.png

I then hit them 3 to 1 because they should post their reason and not hide behind a cheap "hate" type button.

It is a pretty ambiguous button and it can have lots of meanings.

Someone disagreeing to someone else's post is just one of them. There are the petty little back and forths like your 3 to 1, there's when it has more like a funny meaning (like on your initial post on this thread) and there are some who never write anything and choose to use the dislike button as a bookmark so they know where they stopped reading.

I have never used it except when someone uses it on me first. I then hit them 3 to 1 because they should post their reason and not hide behind a cheap "hate" type button.

1) Sometimes other posters have already replied with all the reasons to disagree, and there's nothing to add. Forcing people to reply is just going to end up with "I agree/I disagree* posts". Of course, those posters can Like all the post that Disagreed, but then it's just not as obvious how much the original post was Disagreeable.
2) Sometimes a post is just that dumb that it doesn't deserve the effort of a reply.
3) Disagreeing with a post that disagrees with Disagree is _always_ funny. Explaining a joke is _always_ not funny. (Autological example). Therefore there is a need for the ability to Disagree without posting.
Corollary: Disagree in response to Disagrees of a post disagreeing with Disagree demonstrate a lack sense of humor.
4) Don't Nosedive.

* Late 1990s, when I was on a Portuguese Usenet group, there was a user who'd only ever post replies with "concordo" or "não concordo". We just found it dumb-but-funny.

I have never used it except when someone uses it on me first. I then hit them 3 to 1 because they should post their reason and not hide behind a cheap "hate" type button.
Because I hit "Disagree" and you seem to need a response, so: I did it because that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read here. ;)
Normally I wouldn't post such negativity or something so "attack-oriented", but you did request it, so there you go.
I've gone back and asked (usually in PMs) why I've had dislikes before. Once was a mistake. Every other time it was actually valid and edifying. Mostly I just go "huh" and move on.

This is troll behavior and can result in a suspension or a ban. Please stop it. There is no reason to retaliate just because someone "disagrees" with you, whether they post a reason or not.

Because I hit "Disagree" and you seem to need a response, so: I did it because that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read here. ;)
Normally I wouldn't post such negativity or something so "attack-oriented", but you did request it, so there you go.
I've gone back and asked (usually in PMs) why I've had dislikes before. Once was a mistake. Every other time it was actually valid and edifying. Mostly I just go "huh" and move on.
PS: This was meant in good humor, if it wasn't obvious (and it might not have been). Some smileys to counterbalance things:
:);):):):cool:

Reactions: MitchMitch

So to overcome the embarrassment of being told that someone disagrees with you feel the need to hunt down a bunch of statements that you actually do not disagree with and claim to disagree? Even my 3 year old has found more effective ways of dealing with disappointment.

Last edited: