TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Please send a mail to help get charge points fixed.....

Discussion in 'Florida' started by NigelM, Oct 2, 2016.

1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Some local activity required please folks.

The number of working Chargepoints in the West parking lot at UTC Mall (Sarasota/I-75) has been declining month by month. I was there last night and saw folks scrambling to get a hook-up; 3 of the 4 machines had problems with two of them out completely. The valet told me they have no responsibility and please talk to customer service in the mall; customer service told me (you guessed it) to go speak to the valet.

If you can find 20secs in your day please drop an email to [email protected] asking for them to get the Chargepoints in the West lot working again.

Thanks for your help.

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

3. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    Done. This is a very nice place to charge so I do want to help.

• Like x 1
  4. Science->Truth

Good suggestion. I posted on their Facebook page. I've also visited multiple times and found chargers not working.

• Like x 1
  5. Seven7

Seven7 Member

Hit them both, sent them a message on FB

6. Seven7

Seven7 Member

Actually got a reply to the FB message sent to the UTC. Condensed version - "The chargers on the west side of the mall are in the warranty process."

7. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

I posted on their Facebook page.

Larry

8. Roland

Roland Member

I sent an email asking them to repair the chargers n

9. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Thank you folks!

About a hour ago the Mall at UTC confirmed to me that they've ordered two replacement charging stations and they should all be repaired soon.

:)

10. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    I just received the following email from Taubman:

"I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently repairing the charging stations and they should be operating soon.

Kind Regards,

Kristina

This email and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee, and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. References herein to "Taubman" mean The Taubman Company LLC, Taubman Centers, Inc., or one or more of their separate affiliates. The information contained in this email does not constitute a commitment or agreement by Taubman. No such commitment or agreement shall be binding on Taubman, unless such terms are expressly set forth in a separate document executed by an authorized representative of Taubman."

Is it not very nice that they were so response to our requests? That makes me want to shop there even more.

11. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Yes. I got an update e-mail also, as well as a FB reply. Anyone who see the units back in working order please advise here so that others know.

P.S. There's so many Ss and Xs around now the Tesla charging units on the east side of the mall are always pretty busy. Us locals need to avoid using those spots and leave them to long-distance travelers.