Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please Share your Model S with 200+ Tufts Engineering Students, Sep 3, 11 a.m.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pollux

Supporting Member
Hi, folks,

As part of a welcome-back-to-school event, Tufts is holding a BBQ for some of its Engineering students. The organizer posted a meetup request asking for Tesla owners to come show their cars at the BBQ. I'm going to go. The organizer has since asked if 1-2 other folks could also join in, so I'm passing the request along. Please let me know if you decide to go. Also, you can directly respond to the meetup request as the link below.

Thanks!

Alan

Meetup information: http://www.meetup.com/New-England-Tesla-Motors-Club/events/198104472/

From the meetup posting:

Last year was our first full operating year and we can't wait to start again this year. We would like to expand our Mentorship program and involvement on the Tufts Campus and to do this we have decided to host a Welcome Back BBQ! As a group, we thought that having a real Tesla car at our Welcome Back BBQ would be a huge showstopper and encourage more students to stop by and sign up for Tufts Engineering Mentors. Last year, our first year, we had 117 new students sign up. This year, with the help of a Tesla Car, we hope to expand our mentorship program beyond last years numbers.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.670588)]Our welcome back BBQ will be held on the second day of classes Wednesday, September 3 starting at 11:30 am on the Tufts Campus (specific location TBD). We will be providing free catering from a local BBQ restaurant, RedBones, and hopefully have the show stopping piece of your Tesla Car. FREE BBQ!![/COLOR]

Alan - there were three cars for the event. Jim and my blue S85s of late 2012/early 2013 vintage, and a multicoat red P85+ the owner (didn't catch his name) got a week ago. I showed off the jump seats by having our five year old eat her lunch sitting there, while Jim had his Whispbars mounted on the roof. Lots of Tesla time during the hour plus that I could stay. The organizers said the cars helped drive a significantly greater turnout than last year so were very appreciative. Glad to help out and win over some future buyers or engineers. Forgot to take pictures.

a multicoat red P85+ the owner (didn't catch his name) got a week ago. I

That would be me - Stoil :) A different name for sure.

It was a fun event, I really enjoyed meeting both Peter and Jim and quite a few students from Tufts.
Since I also didn't take any pictures, the event organizers seems to have that covered and here is a Google Drive folder uploaded by them with quite a few photos:

Event Photos 09.03.2014

They also had their version of a electric car:

20140903_130848.jpg

Attachments

• 20140903_130848.jpg
    20140903_130848.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
@PeterK, @skboston,

Thank you SO MUCH for covering this event and bailing me out! I appreciate the pix, too. I was in Western Massachusetts dealing with unpleasant people. :-(

Thanks,
Alan

You're very welcome. Apologies for not properly catching your name, Stoil - but your red P85+ was certainly catching the interest of quite a few students. Thanks also to Jim - @ModelS1079 - who is being shy on this thread. :smile: