Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please tell me 8.0 have a better Browser!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 8.0 (2.36.108) has WebKit 534.34, same as 7.1 (2.36.31).

Yeah, I'm 99.44% sure that if Tesla is going to upgrade the browser, it's not going to be a tiny point upgrade in QTCarBrowser... it would be a MAJOR upgrade bullet point in the release notes. EM talked about upgrading to a Chrome browser a few years ago, and that's never happened either. At this point, the browser is such a low priority, it's more like "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Although, they "fixed" the media player, and we see how that turned out. Perhaps they should have spent those resources on the browser instead.

Yeah, I'm 99.44% sure that if Tesla is going to upgrade the browser, it's not going to be a tiny point upgrade in QTCarBrowser... it would be a MAJOR upgrade bullet point in the release notes. EM talked about upgrading to a Chrome browser a few years ago, and that's never happened either. At this point, the browser is such a low priority, it's more like "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Although, they "fixed" the media player, and we see how that turned out. Perhaps they should have spent those resources on the browser instead.
I agree, Media Player suck really bad. I had no problem with the old Media Player, at least it actually works.

Reactions: HankLloydRight