Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please Tesla offer SR+ with premium audio so i can buy your car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is disappointing that the Sr+ sound system is so inadequate. Every single car I’ve had has had a better system by a mile. When I hop into my 3 series as my daily driver, the system is great. When I drive the Model 3 at nights for a spin or go to dinner, the sound system has zero soul.

I paid additional for the multi-coat red, the white interior and the 19 inch wheels but didn’t have an option to pay extra for premium sound? I would’ve pony’d up the extra money for that. I now have to look at other avenues to get a decent sound system in my car. I love the car but the paying 47k after taxes or 43k without, you would think they would provide you with a decent system.

I’ve called a few places in LA and have asked about audio installations, they either said they’re too uncomfortable doing it with the Tesla, since they haven’t done it before(At least they’re honest) or said it could be a 3-5k project depending on what I want.

I just want the car to sound what it sounds like in the LR. And yes, I agree with the original post. I don’t need the LR. And not to mention no XM on the Model 3. Again, I love the car but stuff like this has rubbed me the wrong way.

Last edited:
If you’re a true audiophile you won’t be happy with the premium system. It has the same speakers, just more of them. They are not better speakers like you see in every other automakers premium systems. Save yourself money and get the basic system and upgrade it. There are many posts here showing you how to do it relatively inexpensively.

Installing audio system in Tesla by your self is not easy thing to do, even some pro shops are refusing to do it.
Im not spending 45k after tax and then trying to install after market audio by my self.

Tesla is ONLY car maker in the world that ties premium audio and other features to AWD.
Tesla knows we dont need AWD in NV,AZ and CA where they sell 70% of their cars.

Tesla need to sell separate premium packages , or tie it to car "range/miles" and not to AWD.

Installing audio system in Tesla by your self is not easy thing to do, even some pro shops are refusing to do it.
Im not spending 45k after tax and then trying to install after market audio by my self.

Tesla is ONLY car maker in the world that ties premium audio and other features to AWD.
Tesla knows we dont need AWD in NV,AZ and CA where they sell 70% of their cars.

Tesla need to sell separate premium packages , or tie it to car "range/miles" and not to AWD.
Nope. They don’t need to at all. And they won’t.

Pony up or take the SR to an aftermarket shop. Those are your options.

You’re also the first audiophile I’ve ever heard of who isn’t willing to spend money to get the best sound possible.

Nope. They don’t need to at all. And they won’t.

Pony up or take the SR to an aftermarket shop. Those are your options.

You’re also the first audiophile I’ve ever heard of who isn’t willing to spend money to get the best sound possible.

Audiophile does not mean i am rich.
After spending $45k i doubt i want to spend another 3k for sound system .
And all that for 10 mile daily city driving.
And who is telling me it will work and i will be satisfied?
I have aftermarket sound in my Acura and it is still bad?
Also Tesla requires some software change for their audio,right?

All in all, i see Tesla fan boys want me to spend $55k to get stereo that is worth money.

Audiophile does not mean i am rich.
After spending $45k i doubt i want to spend another 3k for sound system .
And all that for 10 mile daily city driving.
And who is telling me it will work and i will be satisfied?
I have aftermarket sound in my Acura and it is still bad?
Also Tesla requires some software change for their audio,right?

All in all, i see Tesla fan boys want me to spend $55k to get stereo that is worth money.
No one wants you to do anything.

If YOU want the best sound system in the Tesla, Tesla is making you spend $55K

Or go aftermarket.

Those are your only options. They are not going to change.