Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please Tesla offer SR+ with premium audio so i can buy your car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Tesla will eventual change parts of their philosophy. There are already rumors that there is going to be monthly subscription for the FSD, or they may sell individual aspects of it(Self-drive, summon, etc etc). And that is a major step in the right direction.

There is a lot of things Tesla does that is great and there is a lot where they just fall on their face.

Their customer is god awful. You can’t get any real answers from them.

I want XM radio... Well I need a Mosel S or X.
I want premium audio, I need a LR.

They need to improve. I love my Model 3, it is just a great car. But from the lousy customer service and the lack of options will probably impede me from ever going and getting another Tesla.

I put together a premium audio upgrade kit for SR/SR+.This includes 2 amplifiers, an OEM 8” subwoofer, and a plug-and-play harness. This activates the 4 tweeters in the front of the car and the 2 rear dash speakers. Contact me for details. I can assist with installation in the San Francisco Bay Area.
ECB51846-CF03-4870-AA30-C50585F1C7FC.jpeg

AWD man, AWD !!!

We don`t want that, we don`t need that.
And it cost $10k to have it!

Why to tie Sound system to AWD ???

Why tie it to a bigger engine? Why tie it to a bigger battery? Why do I have to get seat heaters on my Toyota Highlander if I want the upgraded sound?

Because they can. Because grouping options into bucketed configurations simplifies production and nets the manufacturer more money.

End of story.

If it were me I would buy a LR AWD white car with 18” wheels for $47K and skip the FSD upgrade. That gives you the best overall value for the money. You will get at least half of the difference back when you sell the car so for a net difference of about $4,500 you get a lot more car for the money.

Reactions: jjrandorin
If it were me I would buy a LR AWD white car with 18” wheels for $47K and skip the FSD upgrade. That gives you the best overall value for the money. You will get at least half of the difference back when you sell the car so for a net difference of about $4,500 you get a lot more car for the money.
I agree with this. I ended up with an SR+ but should have gone for the LR. Even still, it would be nice if Tesla went fir making their customers happy and had an option for an SR+ with premium sound!

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
Audiophile does not mean i am rich.
After spending $45k i doubt i want to spend another 3k for sound system .
And all that for 10 mile daily city driving.
And who is telling me it will work and i will be satisfied?
I have aftermarket sound in my Acura and it is still bad?
Also Tesla requires some software change for their audio,right?

All in all, i see Tesla fan boys want me to spend $55k to get stereo that is worth money.

No one wants you or is telling you to spend anything. What they're telling you, and what you're not hearing, is Tesla doesn't give a crap, and there's nothing you can do about it. If you want the car bad enough, you're going to buy it...because there's no competition.

Go buy a used BMW or Merc which meets your audio needs - you'll be much happier. Or for 10 miles of daily city driving, I hear the Nissan Leaf has a good premium Bose sound package if you really want an EV.

Reactions: Gasaraki
Have you look at CPO or used Mid-range Model 3s? Most are under $40k and I THINK they come with Premium Audio and the premium features. (Someone correct me if I’m wrong). And on the plus side you get slightly longer range than the SR+ for when you need it.

LEMR teslas (limited edition mid range) come with the full premium package, etc. Thats actually the car that the OP wants, because it comes with everything that a Long range tesla comes with, except for the range. It was a really good deal for the time it was available.

Since it appears OP wants a factory option, and doesnt want to pay for the range, OP should look for a mid range tesla from 2018 in the used market. Of course, it likely will cost somewhere close to what the SR+ costs now, new.

I find some of this humorous, since, as already stated, every single other manufacturer ties SOME options or other together that are not related in up-sell trims.

But i`m an audiophile and want your premium audio system!

If you're a real audiophile neither system will satisfy you. Face it, its a car, with a lot of noise from external sources you cannot reduce, and an audio chain you have almost no control over. Just enjoy the music from the SR+ as music, and worry about audio quality in a system that you have control over (not a car).

Reactions: pianomankd
Also Tesla requires some software change for their audio, right?
No - there is hardware missing as well. Even if a couple of the speakers are present, the wiring isn't.

All cars should have premium sound standard.
No they shouldn't. Any more than they should make AWD, longer range, FSD (etc.) as standard.

If they offer premium Sound system with FSD i could understand that, but why we need AWD in order to get better sound?
How the heck is Premium sound tied to FSD okay but tying it to AWD isn't?!? That makes zero sense.