TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Please wait. Displays getting ready." on 4.5

Discussion in 'Model S' started by deonb, Oct 3, 2013.

1. deonb

deonb Active Member

Twice over the last 2 weeks when I tried to turn the car on, I had a message on the driver console that says:

"Please wait. Displays getting ready." (or something close to that effect).

This is on 4.5, so it doesn't have low power mode.

The first time it did that I was able to immediately reboot the consoles and got on my way in a minute. The second time, the car cycled through that screen 5 times, didn't let me reboot, and eventually booted up and got ready. However, I waited almost 10 minutes before I could drive.

Any indication as to what might cause this?

My VIN is 4601 and I'm on the original 12V battery.

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

After some service yesterday, I picked up my car and drove away. The song information on thumb drive didn't appear normal, so I rebooted the 17" display. It went dark as usual but didn't come back up in the normal amount of time. I had to initiate a reboot about three times before I finally got the Tesla T on the screen. Took about ten minutes total (kind of scary). Never got any message of any kind. Once the reboot was successful everything was back to normal. One of the things that happened during the service was to replace and flash the charge port so I suspect that it took some time to get it integrated with the rest of the system. I'm on 4.5 (.61).

3. astrotoy

astrotoy Member

I had a similar problem to Jerry's when I was loading a really big portable hard drive to the USB - between 1 and 2 TB of songs. I called the SC about it and they were researching the problem and I don't know whether they did anything remotely, but the problem went away and it has never come back. Been a month or more. My VIN is 4630, and I was on 4.5.