Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please Wait Vehicle Powering Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen this message on three separate occasions. Does anyone know what causes this and can it be prevented? When this happens it takes 10 to 15 minutes for my car to be responsive/drivable. This happened to me this morning and it made me late to an appointment.

Thanks,
Wade

I have seen this message on three separate occasions. Does anyone know what causes this and can it be prevented? When this happens it takes 10 to 15 minutes for my car to be responsive/drivable. This happened to me this morning and it made me late to an appointment.

Thanks,
Wade
i just had this happen yesterday, (sort of), when i left work for home. my center stack/mcu/screen was black and my dash was on but not really responsive. i could restart the the dash but nothing happened in the middle...

i called roadside assistance and you have to do a full hard reset.

how do you do that!? you press both scroll wheels while simultaneously pushing in the brake pedal. be patient! you will have to hold this for 30-60 seconds or until the "T" shows up on the screen!!!

I had this happen on a recent trip I took, where the outside temperatures were over 100 degrees. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but maybe parking outside for a longer period of time, or driving for a couple of hours, in the direct sun on really hot days has something to do with it...?

I had this happen on a recent trip I took, where the outside temperatures were over 100 degrees. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but maybe parking outside for a longer period of time, or driving for a couple of hours, in the direct sun on really hot days has something to do with it...?

My car is in a garage every morning. Pretty sure it’s not heat related.

My March 2017 Model X has been stuck on “Please wait while vehicle systems power up” for 19 minutes so far and neither screen responds to two-finger reboots. The binnacle is on but the center screen is black. The windows were operable initially but are now dead. The door still closes when I press the brake.

Thanks,
Wade
It happens sometimes when the car is in deep sleep. You can hold down the thumbwheels which will wake and reboot the system if it takes too long.

(Remember when we had to prime and warm up our engines? We are getting spoiled. :)