Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pleather for all...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a joke. If you happen to not eat meat or feel no harm should come to animals I respect your opinion and you should have the choice to minimize your impact on animal life on earth. I happen to not share that opinion, and a six figure car with fake leather will only make Tesla loose more sales.

And that is what is wrong with this world we live in: people putting their wants before the good of the planet. People still insist on wearing real fur coats too.

While I don’t 100% agree with using synthetic materials either, what alternatives do we have for seats that are easily cleaned? Especially when you have kids?

And that is what is wrong with this world we live in: people putting their wants before the good of the planet. People still insist on wearing real fur coats too.

While I don’t 100% agree with using synthetic materials either, what alternatives do we have for seats that are easily cleaned? Especially when you have kids?

We are omnivores , protein feeding our increased capacity brain is what made us dream up and accomplish our current civilization. If we are going to eat the animal we might as well use all parts. Cow hide falls under that, killing minks or seals just for the fur falls under another category.

We are omnivores , protein feeding our increased capacity brain is what made us dream up and accomplish our current civilization. If we are going to eat the animal we might as well use all parts. Cow hide falls under that, killing minks or seals just for the fur falls under another category.

All protein originates from plants, it's not like cows create protein. It's the microbiota in their gut. Anyways, I just like the way a good steak tastes, but it's definitely not healthy for me =) So if all that meat has made you any smarter, you'll know it's not good for you ;)

I dunno, I think the synthetic ultra white seats are nicer than Tesla's leather offerings and may be more durable (probably not difficult, given how poorly Tesla's leather wears). So, this may be a move in the right direction--some modern synthetic materials are amazing. The trick, as seen in this and other similar threads, will be talking people down from their knee-jerk expectations and getting them to experience the product. As with many things Tesla, this doesn't have to be about environmentalism: a better product is a better product.

I dunno, I think the synthetic ultra white seats are nicer than Tesla's leather offerings and may be more durable (probably not difficult, given how poorly Tesla's leather wears). So, this may be a move in the right direction--some modern synthetic materials are amazing. The trick, as seen in this and other similar threads, will be talking people down from their knee-jerk expectations and getting them to experience the product. As with many things Tesla, this doesn't have to be about environmentalism: a better product is a better product.
Exactly.

Reactions: Jaff
I had leather in every car I've owned except one, and when I compared the synthetic white interior to the leather offerings I liked the white interior better. I personally don't have a problem with eating meat or having leather on everything, but to assume they are going to lose a ton of sales on this is shortsided in my opinion.

The competition is coming, its just one more checkmark against Tesla. Some will argue an apple watch is better because it has much higher functionality, others that a Patek Philippe is better because it was assembled over a certain period of time by one person. To each their own, the market speaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.