TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Plenty of space!

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by balzary, Jun 29, 2018.

1. balzary

balzary Member

Did an Ikea run last night, fit an entire patio set in with the seats down as well as my crutches from the broken leg :) Then hit up Lowes and got some plants that were split between the frunk and the trunk! Love it!

Space1.jpg
    Space2.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. balzary

balzary Member

Just to clarify that's 4 chairs, a bench and a full table. 4 plants and 2 flats of perennials in the frunk. And I can still get more in... not sure what you can disagree about there being plenty of space. I'm not even using the storage cubby in the bottom of the trunk.

• Funny x 1
  3. SpudLime

SpudLime Member

Good thing you clarified, all I saw were 4 boxes and some crutches. :)

4. balzary

balzary Member

Lol I guess you can't see all the boxes, There is 2 more of the ones you see from the front shot underneath the long boxes. I'm actually very impressed with the amount I can get in there. I was a little concerned before we got it, coming from a saab 9-5 which I can pack to the gills with stuff when needed but I'm confident I can get a ton of stuff in here.

The only thing I could say I wish it had was a passthrough for long smaller items. And the roof rack option!

For anyone interested in the actual dimensions here you go :)

Dimensions.jpg

5. scrapps

scrapps Member

And how many dings did you get in your doors? :) Sounds like a bad idea to me! I’ll be taking my already dented WRX to ikea (which can fit a heck of a lot!)

6. balzary

balzary Member

None!! As our Ikeas have free charging and the spots are designated for EV only... like 4 spots for 2 chargers so not many people in those spots! And one has the garden bed beside, so park close to that and you are virtually guaranteed ding free.

• Like x 1
  7. David L

David L Member

I can second that! I took my bike for a trip for the first time last weekend and managed to fit it in while leaving enough room for a passenger in the back. The 3 is the first sedan I've owned that can pull off this trick. I'm loving the wide rear seat pass through and the flat load floor makes me a little less sad that my 3 doesn't have the new, higher rear seat bench.

bikeInTM3.jpg