Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PLS READ BEFORE DOING PPF, CERAMIC etc. Honest Review:Xtreme Edge Detail.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I felt this needed it's own Post/Thread. There was a group buy on this forum for Xtreme Edge Professional Auto Detail in So Cal (Garden Grove area). I saw the price and thought that it was a really incredible price compared to what is charged in cheaper neighboring states and even more so for So Cal which is typically far more expensive. I am in a neighboring state right now but go back and forth between CA (Medical Student)

I contacted the person from this forum who put me in touch with Allen who is the owner of Xtreme Edge. My situation was very unique. I am in AZ but was picking up the car in CA and had to turn around in a day and drive back to AZ. I think we all know how it's been in terms of waiting for a VIN and a delivery date. I called Allen and said this:

"I am getting a MY sometime in the next 3 weeks. But I don't know exactly when. Once I get the VIN & a date, I have to fly in to get the car, want to drive it to you, leave it with you overnight and get it the next morning to drive across the state. Allen told me he was booked out for the next 3 weeks but he would do his best to help me out. Well it was a long and arduous wait for a VIN. The day I got my VIN I was on the phone with Tesla trying to get my delivery date. I'll spare you all the details but let it suffice for me to say that my delivery date for moved a few times and with all this happening around Christmas, my ability to travel was limited too because of Church etc.

1) I don't know how many times I changed the date with Allen. But he was so understanding and such an amazing person to deal with, that I really thought I was on candid camera and was looking around for Ashton Kutcher. Because finding someone this nice and with this kind of magnanimity of heart is really rare in this day and age.

2) I decided to complicate things further. I asked him if he did tinting. He said no but he gave me the name of a tinting shop really close to his shop that also has a stellar reputation for tinting. The question was, if I did drop the car off for tinting and my friends gave me a ride back to their house which is 45 mins away. How would the car go from the tint shop to Xtreme Edge? I should not have been surprised when Allen, as a very very special exception, offered to pick it up from their shop and bring it back to his shop. I think he thought I hung up because I was speechless and didn't know what to say. :D

3) The last time that I got my delivery date options for the 28th or 29th of Dec, I called him and he told me that it would be easiest for him to do it on Tuesday Dec 29th. I said that was perfect. At the 11th hr, Tesla said I could get it before Christmas. Literally in 15 mins all the plans changed. I was going to get to CA ASAP but that meant that Allen would have to fit me in within a day. I said there is no way he would do this.:oops: However I called him. He said I know you are juggling so many things and are coming in from out of town to get this. I will make it work. HE LITERALLY DID WHATEVER HE COULD TO MAKE MY LIFE EASIER. IF THIS IS NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS.:)

4) So the day of getting the car, there were serious delays. Instead of getting it on the 22nd night because of Tesla wire transfer issues, I ended up getting it at 2pm in the afternoon on the 23rd. I think I called and texted him about 500 times with the constant delays. He kept saying don't worry Ben I will wait for you. Finally I get the car and say forget the tint. There is no time for it. Allen knowing how much I wanted to get the tint, says.....
Wait for it....
"Don't worry Ben. Take it to the tint shop. I will prep it today after they finish and work on it tomorrow (24th) (here's the amazing part) AND I WILL COME IN ON CHRISTMAS MORNING TO DELIVER IT because it has to sit overnight."

SERIOUSLY WHO IS THIS GUY?:eek: I FELT LIKE MY BEST FRIEND OR BROTHER OR COUSIN OWNED THE SHOP. THE NUMBER OF EXCEPTIONS THAT HE MADE FOR ME.... I WAS AND STILL AM SERIOUSLY SHOCKED AND DUMFOUNDED.

5) The tinting guys were amazing too. They let me come in on a mins notice and worked crazy fast while doing an amazing job. The car was ready later that evening and Allen goes over to their shop to pick it up for me. He calls me on Facetime and goes over things I missed that Tesla needs to work on. Only a really really trained eye would have noticed those things which also showed me what a Professional he is. Of course his reviews on this forum and on Google are amazing. But to be really honest, even if you do the best job in the world, it almost seems pointless if you are a jerk. But if you do an amazing job and go above and beyond for your customers and treat them like you would treat your own family, then that person literally deserves everyone's business and every accolade on the planet. :)

6) He worked his tail off on the car, did a lot of extra things for me and my goodness does it look absolutely phenomenal. His work is unreal, his prices are amazing, his customer service is incredible and the icing on the cake is that he is one of the most honest people on this planet. I'm not going to get into it, but I asked him about several things that I could have got done. He was honest with me and told me what was necessary and what was not. Mind you, he offers every one of those services I was asking about. He could have sold me on the Kool-Aid and made money off of me. But instead he was so honest.

Got the car today (Christmas morning) and I am literally speechless (which says a lot for a verbose guy like me lol) Everything is PERFECT.:D

Ladies and Gentlemen, if you are from Southern California may I honestly recommend that you go to Allen for any detailing needs, for any PPF (Clear bra etc), for any Ceramic or really for any services that they offer. I stake my word on this, YOU WILL NOT GET A BETTER PERSON, A BETTER COMPANY, A BETTER PRICE AND BETTER WORK ALL IN ONE, anywhere else. You just won't. Shoot even if you are not from So Cal as is my case, trust me he is worth going to if you can work it out. Send your family and friends to him too.:)

After all the things we are talking about are long term investments into your Tesla or any other car that you own. I will just say one thing which should summarize this whole review. There is another very famous detailing shop in LA that has a big youtube channel and has wrapped major celebrities cars etc. They apparently do an amazing job. Well before I heard about Allen I called them amongst many other detailing places. I told them how I was coming in from out of town etc. They said they could get me in, in the morning and out of there in 6 hrs for the clear bra. Since then I I have found out about the best way to put clear bra on. You need to remove parts from the car, wrap the edges, let it sit overnight etc etc etc. A lot of other places weren't doing all that. But Allen didn't compromise on quality for one single second. HE DID IT RIGHT. I would give him 20 stars out of 10. Lol.

I am attaching pics of my Model Y. Pics of it right after the tint, a pic when he started work on it and pics after the work.
I really hope this review helps someone who is looking for an amazing place to do the work they need but who also doesn't want to get ripped off.

-----------------------
TL:DR Allen from Xtreme Edge Professional Auto Detail is literally one of the best detailers, PPF Clear Bra installers, Ceramic Coat installers etc on the West Coast. But what sets him apart from everyone else is his customer service which is so far above and beyond, you will think your own cousin, sibling or best friend owns the shop and you are being given the VVVIP treatment. In other words go to him if you are from So Cal. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

Pics:
1-2 When he picked it up after tinting. Keep in mind this is brand new from the Irvine delivery center
3 When he started working on it.
4-9 And today on Christmas day I present to you the amazing beauty that is my 'Tuxedo Tesla' (named and color schemed after my fur baby Tuxie- A Tuxedo Cat)
10 Lastly at the supercharger getting ready to drive across the state.

IMG_7072.JPG
IMG_7073.JPG
IMG_7074.JPG
IMG_7095.JPG
IMG_7096.JPG
IMG_7097.JPG
IMG_7098 2.JPG
IMG_7099.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7100.JPG
    IMG_7100.JPG
    308.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_7124.jpg
    IMG_7124.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 149
:D Yup that is why I put a TL: DR part at the bottom.

I could have made it way shorter but there were so many things that happened that I wanted to detail all of them. :)
But lol, Y'all funny.

I ended up reading more it, great testimonial. I empathize with trying to get all the details in. I've been working hard on telling shorter stories. For work I've trained myself to write an executive summary at the top.

damn thanks for the dedicated post
Just yelped them so we can see what they offer.

Which tint shop did they recommend?

What was your total cost for everything?

I have a shop in Ontario, CA that would do $4900 for FULL xpel stealth as well as $1000 for 3m IR ceramic tint.

I haven't had anyone able to beat that price yet but let me know what your boy Allen came up with.

A very good review. The car looks amazing from the pics. Since I am a new car owner myself and am looking into having this done, I would be curious of your cost. Also, did you ask about long term, would the film discolor and have to be replaced, ceramic coat redone how often, etc. Thank you for your review.

A very good review. The car looks amazing from the pics. Since I am a new car owner myself and am looking into having this done, I would be curious of your cost. Also, did you ask about long term, would the film discolor and have to be replaced, ceramic coat redone how often, etc. Thank you for your review.

I've had xpel ultimate for 4 years. no discoloration. has a 10 year warranty. Ceramic coating can be done every 2-3 years and helps even further. Makes cleaning easy and you don't have to worry about swirl marks

Sweet. I'm going there either next week (if a slot opens up) or January 9.
they recommended 2B1 for tint.

Dr B, How were they and what all did you get done in terms of tint? Price, if you don't mind?

damn thanks for the dedicated post
Just yelped them so we can see what they offer.

Which tint shop did they recommend?

What was your total cost for everything?

I have a shop in Ontario, CA that would do $4900 for FULL xpel stealth as well as $1000 for 3m IR ceramic tint.

I haven't had anyone able to beat that price yet but let me know what your boy Allen came up with.

Thanks for the review and the tinting place info gonna check both out.

Hi everyone. I'm sorry for the delayed reply. Between a new MY and Christmas services at my church etc, I've been really busy. :)

Ok to answer a few of the questions.

1) Allen (Xtreme edge detailing) will give you the group buy price for the forum. It's $1,500 for Xpel clear bra (the best in the industry) all over the front and the mirrors. Normally this in itself will cost you about $1,800-$2,100 depending on who you go to. But to add to everything Allen is throwing in clear bra (matte or clear) for your center console and he will do your rear bumper. Forget all the amazing customer service that I talked about, all that for $1,500 in itself is a complete no brainer. Allen also does ceramic coating and full wraps stealth or gloss. If you call Allen please tell him Benjamin sent you.

2) 2B1 Tint is down the street from Allen. They do amazing work. Ask for Jay and tell him Benjamin sent you. Their prices vary depending on what film you want to use. I used Rayno which is ceramic and has 99% UV and heat protection. Rayno is used on multimillion dollar mansions for their massive windows etc to keep the heat out while not obstructing the view. It is also used on many high end exotic cars. I guess i'm saying that the film is really amazing. They charged about $380 for the tinting (unheard of prices in Cali) and if you wanted to add the windshield they charge $230 more (if I'm remembering correctly). They did an amazing job too.

Here's the contact info for them.

Xtreme Edge Auto Detailing. (Ask for Allen and tell him Benjamin sent you)
9052 Garden Grove Blvd unit b, Garden Grove, CA 92844
Ph: (714) 725-9922

2B1 Tint (Ask for Jay and tell him Benjamin sent you)
9825 Garden Grove Blvd #1616, Garden Grove, CA 92844
Phone: (714) 732-2990

IMG_6316.jpeg
IMG_6325.jpeg
IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG

Hi everyone. I'm sorry for the delayed reply. Between a new MY and Christmas services at my church etc, I've been really busy. :)

1) Allen (Xtreme edge detailing) will give you the group buy price for the forum. It's $1,500 for Xpel clear bra (the best in the industry) all over the front and the mirrors. Normally this in itself will cost you about $1,800-$2,100 depending on who you go to. But to add to everything Allen is throwing in clear bra (matte or clear) for your center console and he will do your rear bumper. Forget all the amazing customer service that I talked about, all that for $1,500 in itself is a complete no brainer. Allen also does ceramic coating and full wraps stealth or gloss. If you call Allen please tell him Benjamin sent you.

2) 2B1 Tint is down the street from Allen. They do amazing work. Ask for Jay and tell him Benjamin sent you. Their prices vary depending on what film you want to use. I used Rayno which is ceramic and has 99% UV and heat protection. Rayno is used on multimillion dollar mansions for their massive windows etc to keep the heat out while not obstructing the view. It is also used on many high end exotic cars. I guess i'm saying that the film is really amazing. They charged about $380 for the tinting (unheard of prices in Cali) and if you wanted to add the windshield they charge $230 more (if I'm remembering correctly). They did an amazing job too.

View attachment 621623 View attachment 621624 View attachment 621625 View attachment 621626

what was your percentage for the tint?

what was your percentage for the tint?
Windshield 70%.
Front windows 35%
Back windows and rear window 50% on top of Tesla's darkened windows. That was supposed to = about 20%. Honestly I wish I had gone darker on the rears because it's still pretty see through. So if you wanted darker while still being able to see out, I would suggest 35% on top of Tesla's darkened windows. Jay and Won told me if I did 20% on top of the darkened rears, it would be like Limo tint. Just some options depending on what your preference is. :)

View attachment 621623 View attachment 621624 View attachment 621625 View attachment 621626

A small clarification. When I said rear bumper I meant the luggage area which is a part of the rear bumper.
Allen can clarify it more for you. But like I said either way, $1,500 for Xpel on just the front is unheard of anywhere in California much less in So Cal. Add to that the center console being done and the luggage portion of the rear bumper. Anyway should be like 'Just take my money already' lol.

One more thing I forgot to reiterate which I said in the main lengthy review. There are guys who just put the clear bra on and don't really wrap it. What I mean is that you can see the edges etc. That is the easy way out and might not last as long. But Allen does it right. He removes part of your car (see the original thread pics) so that he can truly wrap the clear bra and where you don't see the edges. Just top quality stuff. I only know about this from various Tesla youtubers and very well known detailers on the east coast etc who nit pick every little thing. They have talked about detailers who do it right vs detailers who don't. My point being that Allen just does not compromise on anything. So yeah $1,500 for that.... :confused::eek: I feel like I'm robbing him. :D