Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug and Play Headlights from TesLux Innovations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to do retrofits a long time ago when I couldnt afford luxury vehicles. I would swap in hid components from crashed luxury cars into headlights for the cars I owned. This was back when theretrofitsource was just getting started in third party projectors. I can tell you retrofitting headlights is a lot of work. The price of these headlights are high, but it's a justified cost. Just opening lights can be an ordeal if they use permaseal. They are doing custom painting, electronics, then resealing the lights. It was common for companies to charge $1,000+ just for labor to install hid projectors if you supplied them all the parts over a decade ago. Obviously the cost of this isn't worth it for some people but it's definitely justified for them to charge it. It's just like people spending thousands on ppf or wrapping their cars. Tons and tons of labor.

• Informative
Reactions: hydro 481
I used to do retrofits a long time ago when I couldnt afford luxury vehicles. I would swap in hid components from crashed luxury cars into headlights for the cars I owned. This was back when theretrofitsource was just getting started in third party projectors. I can tell you retrofitting headlights is a lot of work. The price of these headlights are high, but it's a justified cost. Just opening lights can be an ordeal if they use permaseal. They are doing custom painting, electronics, then resealing the lights. It was common for companies to charge $1,000+ just for labor to install hid projectors if you supplied them all the parts over a decade ago. Obviously the cost of this isn't worth it for some people but it's definitely justified for them to charge it. It's just like people spending thousands on ppf or wrapping their cars. Tons and tons of labor.

Absolutely... we have over a year and a half of R&D invested into these housings. They are fully integrated into the data network as well as fully automated with 2 additional show modes controlled via bluetooth for IOS and Android. Our parent company is Headlights NW, in which we have been building high end custom headlights for over 8 years. Thank you for giving your insight!

We just significantly updated the website. Added PPF and RGBW upgrades as well as international shipping.There are 2 main options for customers to choose from. OEM+ and PRO series options depending on the exact features you are looking for! If you would like to get a discount code for 10% your entire order jump over to our Instagram page @Tesluxinnovations and follow the instructions! Please feel free to ask any additional questions or send us a message on our website, facebook or instagram! Oh and we will be offering options for Model S, Model X, Model Y, Roadster and even the Cyber truck!

We just significantly updated the website. Added PPF and RGBW upgrades as well as international shipping.There are 2 main options for customers to choose from. OEM+ and PRO series options depending on the exact features you are looking for! If you would like to get a discount code for 10% your entire order jump over to our Instagram page @Tesluxinnovations and follow the instructions! Please feel free to ask any additional questions or send us a message on our website, facebook or instagram! Oh and we will be offering options for Model S, Model X, Model Y, Roadster and even the Cyber truck!

I can very much appreciate the fact that lots of time and money went into R&D but this really feels like a Tesla Tax. Companies think all Tesla owners are all 6 figure earners, and that may be true for other models like the S and X but that's certainly not the case for the Model 3. Most Model 3 owners I know earn a humble salary and are....and this is key here...frugal...which means they are smart with their money. They saved money to buy their dream car. PPF adds protection and some tint has qualities that help keep the car cool and offer protection from the sun. In other words, they add value to the car, this product doesn't. It is specifically and only for looks. I'm certainly no expert but I don't think this will be a big seller until the price comes in under $1K. Don't get me wrong, the product looks great, it really does, but it doesn't really add any value to the vehicle.

You and your team are obviously talented and I wish you well but I can't help but feel that the pricing of all your products (including the black out lenses, PPF, etc) has limited you to a market that is very niche.

I can very much appreciate the fact that lots of time and money went into R&D but this really feels like a Tesla Tax. Companies think all Tesla owners are all 6 figure earners, and that may be true for other models like the S and X but that's certainly not the case for the Model 3. Most Model 3 owners I know earn a humble salary and are....and this is key here...frugal...which means they are smart with their money. They saved money to buy their dream car. PPF adds protection and some tint has qualities that help keep the car cool and offer protection from the sun. In other words, they add value to the car, this product doesn't. It is specifically and only for looks. I'm certainly no expert but I don't think this will be a big seller until the price comes in under $1K. Don't get me wrong, the product looks great, it really does, but it doesn't really add any value to the vehicle.

Over at our main company Headlights NW our builds average between 3-4k and due to the fact that these housings are $1800 from Tesla and they are the only ones who make the housings really limits us to this price point.. This is not a Tesla tax its mainly the cost of the housings that make the cost of the headlights what they are. The design of these headlights are to compliment the futuristic design of the car.
Super bright white DRL for both the top and bottom sections of the headlights

When you start the car there is a greeting, when you shut the car off the headlights have a goodbye sequence

Lock/unlock and turn signals are all animated.

Sentry mode has a sequence as well

Then on top of the nice glossy black paint which makes the housings look tinted without the loss of light output you have 2 additional show modes for when you are say... Supercharging? So the point I am making is this is not a overpriced product but instead designed for that customer who wants to have something that will not only improves visibility for the other drivers around them but also want that futuristic touch to an already futuristic car.

Reactions: ehacke and MLo1

except for the people paying hundreds for ceramic, and thousands for ppf and wrap. Tesla owners get taxed because a lot of them splurge on unnecessary things.

except for the people paying hundreds for ceramic, and thousands for ppf and wrap. Tesla owners get taxed because a lot of them splurge on unnecessary things.
You obviously didn’t read my entire post. Let me sum it up for you. PPF for example adds value to the vehicle, it’s in the name, it serves to Protect the car, hence, value added. Ceramic coating helps the car look newer longer, again, value added. These headlights add no value whatsoever.