Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug getting stuck in charge port. In Manitoba but app is only giving Minnesota service center options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having an issue with my charge port sticking (cannot unplug without using the charge port emergency release in the trunk). Went to submit it via the tesla app, but it automatically selected service centers in Minnesota, with no Manitoba options.

I've had service in Winnipeg before, does anyone know how to access this. I'm in rural Manitoba.

I'm having an issue with my Model 3 charge port sticking (cannot unplug without using the charge port emergency release in the trunk). Went to submit it via the tesla app, but it automatically selected service centers in Minnesota, with no Manitoba options.

I'm in rural Manitoba. I've had service in Winnipeg before, does anyone know how to access this?
Just write in the request, you would like mobile service.

Update, was able to get the service appointment moved to the mobile service tech out of Winnipeg, but had to contact Tesla via online chat. Not sure why this wasn't an option in the app today.
That’s both good to know and frustrating at the same time. Mobile Service in Winnipeg hasn’t been available for me since about 3 months ago when I had them out to fix a window that wouldn’t close. I had called the Calgary Tesla store where I bought my car from to ask if they could tell me anything and the person just told me that they weren’t aware of any current mobile service options in Winnipeg.

I also just finished waiting 2.5 weeks for Tesla Online Order Support to bother replying to an inquiry about an order for tires and rims that I’d placed over 2 months ago only to have them tell me to try using the app to schedule mobile service and put in the description that I was wondering where my order was. I emailed them back just minutes ago informing them that there is no way to schedule mobile service appointments in Winnipeg (and hasn’t been for months) and that I was dumbfounded why ”Online Order Support” wouldn’t/couldn’t answer any questions about an order I placed ONLINE over 2 months ago for items listed as “in-stock” that still are stuck in limbo. If “Online Order Support” doesn’t answer questions about Online Orders…um…why do they exist??? ARGH!

Sorry for the rant. Genuinely thanks for sharing what you know about actually being able to get mobile service even if I haven’t jump through hoops to get it. :)👍

Brock

Attachments

• 77619B71-3005-4A6A-9CFF-4960815B9589.jpeg
    77619B71-3005-4A6A-9CFF-4960815B9589.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 980764CB-A758-4B04-AD96-61AC7C33A51D.jpeg
    980764CB-A758-4B04-AD96-61AC7C33A51D.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 42
That’s both good to know and frustrating at the same time. Mobile Service in Winnipeg hasn’t been available for me since about 3 months ago when I had them out to fix a window that wouldn’t close. I had called the Calgary Tesla store where I bought my car from to ask if they could tell me anything and the person just told me that they weren’t aware of any current mobile service options in Winnipeg.

I also just finished waiting 2.5 weeks for Tesla Online Order Support to bother replying to an inquiry about an order for tires and rims that I’d placed over 2 months ago only to have them tell me to try using the app to schedule mobile service and put in the description that I was wondering where my order was. I emailed them back just minutes ago informing them that there is no way to schedule mobile service appointments in Winnipeg (and hasn’t been for months) and that I was dumbfounded why ”Online Order Support” wouldn’t/couldn’t answer any questions about an order I placed ONLINE over 2 months ago for items listed as “in-stock” that still are stuck in limbo. If “Online Order Support” doesn’t answer questions about Online Orders…um…why do they exist??? ARGH!

Sorry for the rant. Genuinely thanks for sharing what you know about actually being able to get mobile service even if I haven’t jump through hoops to get it. :)👍

Brock
I think it depends on what the job is. i was able to put in a mobile order for water dripping inside the car through the air intake area during a rain storm in October. Tried to select a tire swap around the same time and only had the option of going with Minnesota like yourself. I ended up using a third party to mount/balance my tires.

As far as your winter tire purchase, i was reading on reddit at some point a while ago where people had ordered winter tire package when it was still in stock and still haven't heard back either after months of waiting. they even had an actual service centre nearby.

I think it depends on what the job is. i was able to put in a mobile order for water dripping inside the car through the air intake area during a rain storm in October. Tried to select a tire swap around the same time and only had the option of going with Minnesota like yourself. I ended up using a third party to mount/balance my tires.

As far as your winter tire purchase, i was reading on reddit at some point a while ago where people had ordered winter tire package when it was still in stock and still haven't heard back either after months of waiting. they even had an actual service centre nearby.
Thanks for sharing that. It’s “good” to know that others may be experiencing the same challenge getting the tire packages so at least I know it’s not just me. This is my third year in a row trying to order a Tire Package from Tesla Online. The first year I ordered them, they shipped them to the Calgary service centre but wouldn’t allow my sister who lives there to go pick them up and and ship them to me in Winnipeg. They also wouldn’t just ship them themselves and charge me for it. They said I had to drive my vehicle to Calgary and they had to install them. The next year, I similarly waited months on end only to have Tesla tell me they wouldn’t be able to fulfill my order.

I’m hoping against hope that this year they will figure out how to eventually get this done. :(

Thanks for sharing that. It’s “good” to know that others may be experiencing the same challenge getting the tire packages so at least I know it’s not just me. This is my third year in a row trying to order a Tire Package from Tesla Online. The first year I ordered them, they shipped them to the Calgary service centre but wouldn’t allow my sister who lives there to go pick them up and and ship them to me in Winnipeg. They also wouldn’t just ship them themselves and charge me for it. They said I had to drive my vehicle to Calgary and they had to install them. The next year, I similarly waited months on end only to have Tesla tell me they wouldn’t be able to fulfill my order.

I’m hoping against hope that this year they will figure out how to eventually get this done. :(
if i were you, i'd just buy a set of aftermarket rims shipped to your house and then buy a set of winters from costco or something where they would install and balance. i was able to buy a set of the bluetooth TPMS from service when i picked up my car in Sept from Saskatoon. They should be able to ship to your house.

I neglected to follow up on this thread, so here's an update: Once I had the mobile service appt booked, a call with the technician confirmed the issue ("do you live on a gravel road?") the time and location of the appt at their site in Winnipeg (955 Lagimodiere is a service dropoff location only, not a retail site).

Other than having to drive into Winnipeg on a really cold day, the whole experience was great. I was given a loaner (2015 Model S) which was fully warmed by the time my car was brought inside. I headed off in the loaner and didn't even get where I was going before the technician called to confirm he had swapped the charge port and I was good to go.

On picking the car up I asked him about a door gap/seal issue and he performed a quick adjustment which solved the issue. No charge for the service and super fast turnaround. Overall a great experience. Looking forward to when we have a service center in Manitoba, but this is the next best thing.

Side note: It's cool to drive the older Model S and see where Tesla has come from, but it really makes me appreciate the Model 3 (2019 LR AWD, perf boost) that much more when I get back into it!