TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Plug In America's Party With the Plug-ins

Discussion in 'News' started by tomsax, Oct 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. tomsax

tomsax Member

On November 13th, Plug In America is hosting our annual gala, Party With the Plug-Ins, at Winery SF on Treasure Island, San Francisco.

PartywiththePlugIns.jpg

We'll be celebrating the year’s most exciting innovations in electric cars with test-drives, EV demos, a local hand-crafted wine tasting, raffle prizes, a lounge for families and children, and a silent auction including a 2012 Zero Motorcycle. You may have seen footage of the 2008 party in Revenge of the Electric Car where a very early Tesla Roadster met a pre-production Chevy Volt for the first time. I'm excited to go this year after not being able to make it the last three years.

I hope to meet plenty of my online Roadster friends there. Please join us.

Tickets are $120 for general admission (starting at 6 pm) or $240 for the private pre-event (beginning at 4 pm) featuring test drives of nearly every EV on the market plus a few not yet released. Net proceeds support Plug In America's work on many important electric vehicle issues. Tickets can be purchased at: Party with the Plug Ins!

2. tomsax

tomsax Member

#2 tomsax, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
    Are any Tesla owners/reservation holders planning to attend? It would be nice to know who to look for!

Here's the latest on what's planned:

• Test-drive the not-yet-out Mitsubishi MiEV, Smart Car’s new Electric Drive, EV-converted BMWs, and of course Tesla Roadsters, LEAFs, Volts & the original RAV4 EV.
    • Take a ride on a Brammo 100% electric motorcycle on a private, closed course along gorgeous Treasure Island in San Francisco.
    • Have a chance to win a 2011 Zero Motorcycle, a Prius EV conversion, or a brand new Leviton Smart Charger in our high-end EV-only Silent Auction.
    • Local handcrafted wine tasting.
    • Raffle prizes.
    • With road-ready electric stand-up tricycles, grape crushing, a cupcake bar, and a photo booth we’ve made this year kid-friendly! Anyone under 16 is free when accompanied with an adult.
    Early Adopter Tickets - $240 - Limited number available
    Early Adopter Tickets include access to a private pre-event featuring test-drives of nearly every EV currently on the market plus a few not yet released.

General Admission Tickets - $120

All ticket levels include access to the gala plus an open wine & beer bar and light organic fare.

All ticket buyers will also receive free entrance into the 10th Anniversary SF Green Festival, November 12-13.

EV charging will be available.

3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I'm bringing my Roadster down...

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

What is that orange car in the flyer?

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Sounds like a blast, but I'll be out-of-state visiting family that weekend. Full report back!

6. tomsax

tomsax Member

2-for-1 Deal, Until 4 pm (PDT) Today

This just out...

Thanks to a matching sponsor, if you buy one ticket today before 4:00 pm PDT, Plug In America will add a guest to your name at will-call.

7. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

If anyone just bought a ticket, but doesn't have a particular guest in mind... :wink:

8. surfingslovak

surfingslovak Member

Done, thank you for the heads-up.

9. slcasner

slcasner Member

I don't watch this space closely enough to take advantage of such opportunities, but I did buy two tickets anyway and will see you there.