Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug In Cars article questioning long term viability of TM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Consumer Reports

As a traditional "early adopter", I've been wondering about this myself. What concerns me a bit are the many reports of early glitches and bugs (door handles, window fogging, 12v batteries, excessive vampire draw, etc.) and how the so-called "mainstream" consumers will respond. Consumers Reports (a publication I personally have very little respect for) tend to pick up on consumer complaints and have been known to trash other automobile brands for issues arguably smaller than some I'm reading about on these forums. (They even did so with the iPhone 4 because of antenna "problems" that customers reported). If CR decides to give Model S a poor rating based on this, I think it really could dampen enthusiasm for this car, especially since it is sold in a category of vehicle that is supposed to be rock solid and problem free.

As a Reservation holder, I certainly hope Tesla can get a grip on these early problems and mitigate any fallout that may occur if issues start hitting mainstream. My understanding is that their service is nothing short of stellar. However, I believe they have less than 100 Roadsters in Canada, and do wonder if their stellar service can accommodate 1000's of Model S cars?

Consumer Reports already did a video review of Model S and it was very positive!

brianman,
"Yes your honor, he has a small d**k......."
:)
Love that movie.

Me, too. Quote is slightly off, though:

Dr Ray Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by d***less here.
Walter Peck: They caused an explosion!
Mayor: Is this true?
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes it's true.
[pause]
Dr. Peter Venkman: This man has no d***.

seriously, could sit down and watch this right now. ;-)