TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Plug-In Day - Boston Commons

Discussion in 'New England' started by Robert.Boston, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Anyone attending the Plug-In Day 2012 event on the Boston Common?

2. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Didn't know about it until Google...

Boston Common
    Sun, Sep 23, 2012
    8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

National Plug In Day

maybe, I have a place to park since I work downtown. Doesn't look like they want participants to bring their own plug ins though.

Mitch

3. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

I'm most likely going, yup.

4. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

I registered for it but not sure if I'll go or not. If they had special parking for EVs then I'd be more likely to go... I would also need a couple hours charging to get home again. Mitch could you find parking for me? With charging? Not sure I'd want to count on the Colonnade that day...

5. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

#5 mitch672, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
    If you have the "Chargepoint" app (and you will also need a ChargePoint access card as well), the building next to where I work, 265 Franklin Street, has (4) Chargepoints in their parking garage (on the ramp between levels 1B and 1C). I'm the one who took the picture of them and posted it. They are 30A, so it will take a while to charge your Roadster. The EVSEs where free last time I looked, but the parking garage costs money ($32/day max, open 24 hours/day).. There might be other closer locations as well.

Welcome to 265 Franklin Street

Parking Garage Details, Rates, and Pictures for 265 Franklin at 265 Franklin St, Boston, MA 02110

265 Franklin St, Boston, MA 02110 - Google Maps

Picture:
    cd2bd6f3.jpg

Edit: just looked at the ChargePoint map, there are also 3 on Cambridge street (on the street) in front of Government center, the parking will be less money here (or maybe free on Sunday), but your car is on the street, not a parking garage.. They are also 30A EVSEs.
    1 City Hall Square, Boston, MA 02108 - Google Maps

Edit2: Boston Common Garage has parking for 1,300 cars, it's directly below the event, perhaps give them a call (edit: just did, no EV charging here, but $12 to park here on Sunday if you are arriving by an old fahioned gas car, it is directly below the event)
    Boston Parking | Central Parking System > Boston Common Garage Parking

Edit3: The Garage at Post Office Square (enter on Congress Street, under the park), has (2) EV parking spaces on the first floor, to the right, just as you enter the garage, near the office. I took pictures of them, they where at the time just a 240V (probably only 208V) 30A (picture below, looks like its a 14-30 according to: NEMA Plug and Receptacle Configurations ) and 120V 20A outlet for each space... If you bring your mobile charger with adapters, you could plug in their. On weekends the parking is $9/day, and it's inside.
    http://www.posquare.com/index.html

The Garage at Post Office Square EV outlets (in each of 2 EV spaces)
    IMG_0156.jpg

6. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Wow Mitch thanks for this! I might come down after all!

7. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

To add to the list: the parking garage at my office, 100 Clarendon St., has 10 ChargePoint EVSEs on Level 5; free charging with paid parking. If you were to make a night of it, stay at the Lenox Hotel in Back Bay, which has free EValet service & charging.

8. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

I wasn't able to get to this event. What was it like? Any pics?