Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug-in day Preparation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To help get the word out about National Plug-In day this Sept 28th we put my Roadster, Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt and a Model S in Kingsport's Funfest parade. Hopefully all you Model S owners can help this year by bringing your car to show at your local plug-in day event. National Plug In Day

EV_Parade (2).jpg

Awesome idea to get the word out!

Last year the Model S was just trickling out...my VIN 112 arrived a few days after National Plug In Day. So there are still a great many people that have not seen one at all, much less a bunch of them together at an event like this. I will definitely be asking owners in my area to show up in force...given our numbers as the owner gathering a few months ago, we may be able to out-do the Leafs!

After going to the website, I could only find a 2012 registration, and it wasn't clear if that was for attending the event as a member of the general public or for exhibiting.

The web site that dhrivnak listed is a brand new one that tomsax created just for this year's event. It says 2013 everywhere I can see. If you see a page that says 2012, please send me a link.

The event registration is for both general attendees and people bringing car. If you click on the Events tab and then the Register button, it asks if you are bringing a car, and what type. Last year's site didn't have that....it sounds like you ended up there somehow...please try again and let me know, thanks.

By the way, all of these events are organized by volunteers. If you don't see one in your area...feel free to create one!

All you really need to do is get permission to use a parking lot, and invite all of the local plug-in owners. Easy. Of course many cities choose to get sponsors, food, music, give prizes or awards, arrange for a parade and/or test drives...