Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plugged into Superchargers, Charging Stopped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SSonnentag

埃隆•馬斯克
Apr 11, 2017
Arizona
I just drove 160 miles at 70 to 75 mph in 93 to 98° temperatures. When I plugged into the supercharger, charting started, but within one minute it stopped. After another minute or two, charging started up again on its own. Is this normal? Is the battery cooling it self down before charging is allowed to continue? Once charging started up again it has been charging start early as normal.

We had this issue in Huntsville, TX, on a recent trip. That supercharger has 6 stations (1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B). When we arrived, there were cars plugged into 2 of the chargers, and an ICE parked blocking a third. We were able to get our own charging (not being A/B shared) - and charging began and seemed to work fine.

After a few minutes the charging rate dropped considerably - increasing the time-to-charge from 10 minutes to an hour. By then, the other Tesla cars had left, opening up the option for switching to the other chargers.

We moved to one of the spots that had been freed - and connected. Charging started - and then slowed down again.

We went back to our original port - and had the same issue.

Since we were having problems with multiple chargers, called Tesla to have them check our car and see if we were having a charging problem.

When I called - the response was - "We're aware of the charging problems in Huntsville. Two of the three chargers are operating well below normal rates." We were directed to use the one charger that was running correctly.

This is one of the older supercharger locations in Texas, with only 6 charging spots. And to have one spot blocked by an ICE and only 2 of the 6 charging spots actually working is a problem.

Tesla should provide more information on the console display - not only indicating how spots are being used or that they believe are open - but also, if they are aware of problems, this should be included in the display. How many chargers are available - and appear to be working correctly!!!