Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plugging in to charge port difficult sometimes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I owned a Chevy Volt since 2013 so I am experienced plugging in an EVSE.
With my 2022 model Y every time I attempt to plug in, there is a chance the EVSE handle won’t go in the car’s charge port. It seems like I need to take a bit of extra car to angle the nozzle a bit more than I’d expect.
I have the same scenario when using my tesla mobile connector & the j1772 adapter so if there is an issue perhaps the pjastic guides in my car’s charge ports are warped perhaps?
My plugging in my volt was an ease. Like a hot knife going through butter or a mermaid gliding through water.

My model3 used to be easy to plug in, but at nearly 18 months old the socket is now very tight. So much so that I can't always tell when the plug is fully in, unless I get the orange t appearing. This a problem I never used to have, the plug would always go in first time without force. Same when I come to pull it out, requires a hard pull.

I've looked into the socket, there a little dust but no debris.

My model3 used to be easy to plug in, but at nearly 18 months old the socket is now very tight. So much so that I can't always tell when the plug is fully in, unless I get the orange t appearing. This a problem I never used to have, the plug would always go in first time without force. Same when I come to pull it out, requires a hard pull.

I've looked into the socket, there a little dust but no debris.
Look in the plug to see if there's an obstruction of some kind there. Maybe something bent? If it's that bad, I'd probably have service look at it.