Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plugs In Losing Free Access to Toll Lanes in Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
did anyone else get the email this morning from metro expresslanes stating that tolls on the i10 &i110 will be charged starting March 1 even with the red or purple hov sticker?

Was there any earlier notification? I don't remember any.

did anyone else get the email this morning from metro expresslanes stating that tolls on the i10 &i110 will be charged starting March 1 even with the red or purple hov sticker?

Was there any earlier notification? I don't remember any.
I see similar posts in at least two forums. This change was thoroughly discussed last April and a little Googling is in order.

I guess my Bad not reading the daily mail.

A little better communication from metro expresslanes might have been in order

I’m wishing I hadn’t sold my paid off car for a new one that could get the purple stickers. That $550-$700 a month in toll is definitely taking the shine and joy off the new one.

The whole idea of ability to drive on HOV lane with single occupant is to promote more green cars on the road, it would end eventually as more people realize global warming is real and jump on the clean air bandwagon, it is not meant as a EV perk forever, same as the tax credit. Just be happy that more people are going green and you still can drive on most HOV lanes with single occupant in CA other than a few extremely congested expressways.